Let's see your fermentation chambers!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firing up an old thread. Those that use old fridges do you just run the cabling through the door? Does this affect the door sealing correctly?

My 25 years old fridge has just gone to a council cleanup, prior to a move to Brisbane.
I used a Tempmate and just ran the sensor cable over the door seal, and I had the sensor fit into foam taped to the side of the fermenter. Did the same with the previous fermentation fridge until it died about 10 years ago.
Worked fine for me for over the last 16 years or so.

Firing up an old thread. Those that use old fridges do you just run the cabling through the door? Does this affect the door sealing correctly?
Depends on the cable size, small 2 core cable usually fits and door closes as normal, 3 core may need a nic in the seal or something heavy pushed against it to keep it closed.

Yeah 2 x fridges for 2 x 30l allrounders from KL.
1 x temp probe and 1 x heat belt power cable in each fridge just with door seal. No cuts no holes etc. Never and issue. 2 years.

Yeah 2 x fridges for 2 x 30l allrounders from KL.
1 x temp probe and 1 x heat belt power cable in each fridge just with door seal. No cuts no holes etc. Never and issue. 2 years.
That's the only cabling I'll be running through at this stage

Latest posts

Back