Let The Missus Buy The Hardware?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastersBrewery

Journeyman, the learning never stops
Reaction score
The Minister of everything like millions each saturday goes off to garage sales, and more recently the local auctions. Late last week while at bunnings I mentioned that I could do with a drill press, well she must have taken note, and seeing as my arm still aint right after a recent injury she noted it could even be use one handed and it wasn't such a bad idea. So come saturday morning I get a phone call from the minister asking how much she should bid on this big drill, I say no more than $200, anyway she came home with a whole bunch of stuff but no drill. So I ask how much higher it went she says "oh we won it, but I'm picking it up monday with the trailer." now I'm thinking this drill must be pretty decent size to not fit in the back of the 4X4 so was really hanging out for today when we went to pick it up. See for your selves:

lathe.JPG

she also picked up these in one of those boxes:

soda_stream.JPG

I think she goes alright

She's a keeper for sure!

man thats awesome, I thought my missus was a keeper for helping me brew but that takes the cake. Buying you tools when your injured doesnt get better than that.. :)

is it me or does that drill press look like its got a lathe fitting on it??? you can do your own tap handles if it does ;)

next you'll be telling us she picks you up after a session at your local and doesn't complain about how late you stayed out.

have you asked what she bought that day or is it best to just let that one slide?

is it me or does that drill press look like its got a lathe fitting on it??? you can do your own tap handles if it does ;)

I'm not an expert but sure looks like it to me.

That is so not fair..
I have a decent shed if you need somewhere to put it.... I might even let you use it sometimes... :D

mastersbrewery, you need to add your location, so we can and all come and help you unload it :D

Mate, that ain't no drill press! You *******, I hate you!! I've been wanting a mini late with a milling head for ages!!

Yep, she's a keeper!

yeah think I might need to get some lessons though

have you asked what she bought that day or is it best to just let that one slide?

Probably best not to ask....

That is so not fair..
I have a decent shed if you need somewhere to put it.... I might even let you use it sometimes... :D

yep still trying to figure out where it shall live ...no room in the garage :unsure:

mastersbrewery, you need to add your location, so we can and all come and help you unload it :D

yeah updated the profile ... been a lil lazy and yeah @ 160kg I might need some mates to help move it from the trailer, I think it will be there for a couple weeks at this point

Oh my lord...my mrs returns home from garage sales with tin for the dog kennel...might need to drop some hints of my own and see what happens.

That is awesome! It's more a lathe with a bonus drill press I reckon!

Can just imagine the fun you'll have making metal beer tap handles.

Don't forget with those gas bottles I HAVE to use, that keg setup can't be far away! :party:

A lathe and a drill press for under $200?
That is quite a find
I'm so jealous right now

Looking at EBAY, there is a similar machine for $1000, you got a very good deal there

Top buy dont tell her how much the tungsten carbide tools are.Keep it on the low, verniers, files,centre drills, mate she is going to hate you.

sav

Back