Left-over Americas cup IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldspace

Reaction score
This is something I've just come up with today. Just looking for an nice crisp, floral in your face IPA that gets the head spinning. I've just trying to use up what grain and hops I've left here till next bulk buy ups. Don't really want to buy anything. Looking at brewing tommoz.

Got a little Rye left , so thought of throwing in to add that nice crisp finish plus colour.

4 kgs Marris Otter
1.5 kg Munich 1
0.5 medium crystal
0.5 rye
All mashed at 66 , mash out at 78.

30 grms Southern cross -60 mins =36.6 ibu ( was thinking of pushing over to mid 40 ibu but think the rye will add some bitterness ,so kept it back.) thoughts??
25 gr US cascade -15 mins= 7.9ibu
25 gr Nelson -15 mins =13.3 ibu ( because I love Nelson and got a kg here)
25 gr cascade ,steep/whirlpool 5 mins
Dry hop 25 g each cascade and Nelson for 5 days.
3 ltr stepped starter us-05, oxygen wort, 19 degrees.

Estimated 7%, 60 ibu, colour 22 with that nice rye hue.

Got some left over Amarillo,citra, ,centennial , but heaps of Nelson and cascade so thought the cascade will help add some depth to the Nelson.

Critics please.....

Half the joy of leftovers is chucking it in and seeing where it goes.

Personally I'd reduce crystal to half but for the sake of this -**** it and go for it. Leftovers are one off fun times, not consistent repeat brews.

Yeah, done a few leftover beers, some ok, one was awesome. That I do again and again sometimes.

I'll reduce the crystal to 400 grms as I just weighed it and only had 406 left.

Cheers

**** me, not blowing my trumpet, but this IPA has turned out nice.. Just polished off 6 schooners.. Was ment to have 1-2 but it's nice. Too nice for a school night.

Done a heap of diff brews, but this one turned out good. I did drop the crystal to 300 grms, left rye where it's at.

Oxygenation diff has improved the brew.

Cheers, better crash before I'm too fucked for work tommoz as 6.6% mid week us enough lol

Yep. Now you may want to think about self control.
How about someone invent a governor tap system. Oh, that wouldn't work I don't think if your the programmer of the rations :unsure:
That beer is just so good I should allow myself another one. :)

Latest posts

Back