leaky fire extinguisher handle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaeld16

Reaction score
So ive finally got my keg setup up and running only problem is my fire extinguisher handle leaks, i expected this may be an issue so i was planning on buying a 6kg cylinder in the coming weeks anyways. I was hoping to just set the reg to 12 psi and cable tie the handle on and leave it on to carb over a week but after realizing the handle leaked i decided to force carb so i did using the ross method, now that i have the beer carbed to where i would like it im just wondering what to do now since i cant leave the co2 on, should i just set my reg to 12 psi which should be around the right serving pressure and squeeze the handle once a day?
Cheers

yeah i did that pre MKOL bottles with a fire X

after i pulled a few beers i just gave it a squeeze and had the reg set at serving pressure

some say you can force in liquid CO2 into the reg but i never had any issues.

My handle never leaked up until my last refill now i just leave it on all the time. Just use the ross method dial back the pressure wait an hour or two for the keg to settle then burp the keg until it gets down to11psi then set the reg at 12psi.

Mine leaks for a few seconds then stops, i wonder if the guys put the dip tube back in on the last refill as i had it removed when i first bought mine.

Mine kept leaking after a minute of force carbing i might shoving a bit of lube on the pin where it leaks from and hold it on for a while

Mine leaked a bit, took it apart and it was quite a simple assembly. Two new O rings later and the gas stays where it needs to be.

I`ll have a look when i get home and see how it comes apart wasnt sure if i would be able while cylinder is full of pressure

I've used fire extinguishers quite a bit, and they all leak eventually. That tiny o-ring is only designed for a few uses. I replaced it a few times, then got sick of it and bought a proper CO2 cylinder. The FE is now a backup. I wouldn't trust an FE valve not to leak with a zip-tie holding it on.

Yeah thats the one i`ll be ordering shortly, then i`ll just keep the fire extinguisher as a spare when im empty

Latest posts

Back