Laser pointers not toys, Tasmanian teenager damages eyes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynnum1

Reaction score
Optometrists have warned parents not to consider laser pointers as toys after a Tasmanian teenager caused permanent damage to his eyes by looking into one.
Hobart optometrist Ben Armitage received a call on Monday from a GP asking him to investigate why the 14-year-old boy was having vision problems.
"He came into see me and on the Friday night he'd got hold of a laser pen and unfortunately shined it in his eyes for a very brief period of time," he said.
"Unfortunately he's managed to cause himself permanent damage to the back of his eye."
Photographs of the boy's eyes show laser burns to his each of his retinas.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-11-05/optometrist-warning-after-teen-burns-retinas-with-laser/6916564

Is this him?
image.jpeg

I dunno, kids these days.
Try anything to get stoned.

a moments impatience.png

quite off topic of course but we should be sorry for the poor kid, he'll be beating himself up for the rest of his life.

There crazy I brought one from the net for 12 bux a few years ago and can hit the stars with it. Can shine and hit anything as far as I can see. Only comes out for a brief time on special occasions. Never let kids see them as they will find them.
Edit

Latest posts

Back