Lady Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothin' more sexy than a woman with a mash paddle in their hand :icon_chickcheers:

There were a few lady brewers on this forum too. Don't see them posting much these days. I guess most members do not treat them as serious brewers in a mostly male oriented hobby.

I'm not surprised by this article at all. My little sis and her (sexy 18yo) friends know far more about beer than what i did at that age. They all drink jsga, fat yak, Alpha pale ale (!!!!!), german lagers. Not a tooheys or xxxx to be seen. This is 18yo, female uni students on austudy!! I spose those lolly water drinks have got quite expensive in the last few years, so its probably cheaper to drink nice beer than the lolly drinks. They drink craft beer and goon, i thought that was funny.

She's also expressed in interest in getting into all grain. Bought her all the gear for xmas, but sadly it all got stolen. She lives with me now so now she just drinks my homebrew. :) She always gives me a hand making it though, so its all good.

we still drink the beer,whoever makes it..and the ladies are passionate in what they brew also

There were a few lady brewers on this forum too. Don't see them posting much these days. I guess most members do not treat them as serious brewers in a mostly male oriented hobby.

Why would you "guess" that? I have seen absolutely no sexist dorogatory comments towards female brewers on this forum. On the contrary, I've only seen acceptance and encouragement. I suspect the reason they don't post anymore is because they are sick of all the wankers on here these days.

- Snow

Why would you "guess" that? I have seen absolutely no sexist dorogatory comments towards female brewers on this forum. On the contrary, I've only seen acceptance and encouragement. I suspect the reason they don't post anymore is because they are sick of all the wankers on here these days.

- Snow

and at lest one of the ladies in that article posts here regularly

- Snow

:super: lady brewer here - many forum posters (and I mean on any type of forum but particularly male dominated ones) use non-gender specific names.

sadly wankers are everywhere :icon_vomit:

Having been to a beer club I do prefer the forum for company tho.

but sadly it all got stolen.

WTF who would steal your all grain gear. That is shocking! Wonder if they know what to use it for? Or they just flog it off being stainless steel bling?

There is a lady in the pub Messrs Maguires who is their Brewer. lovely lady (American from memory)

I spent a goodly amount of time with her asking all sorts of stupid questions.. damn it was a nice brewery, sits in the front window (and down in the dungeon)

if you are heading through Dublin look her up.

sorry the photo's a bit blurry, but from memory so was I :rolleyes:

Capture.JPG

WTF who would steal your all grain gear. That is shocking! Wonder if they know what to use it for? Or they just flog it off being stainless steel bling?

how did you know it was stainless? :ph34r: B)

Nah, her car got nicked, it was in it. :)

Maybe they read crap all the time

The feminine noun for a beer maker is a Brewster, quaint and un pc but I like the word and think it should be used more :)

Da wimins cook da eggs not the beerz. Fark, wat me werld cummin to?

Oh, Daaaaarling. Must you insist on so much Saaaaaaaz in this lager? It's positively earthen and teaming with smite.

The author of the article should have included Jess from Hunter Beer Company in the Hunter Valley. One of the great lady brewers emerging in the industry. And she does have the added bragging rights of brewing an AIBA Gold Medal winning beer.

Booz

I'm not surprised by this article at all. My little sis and her (sexy 18yo) friends know far more about beer than what i did at that age. They all drink jsga, fat yak, Alpha pale ale (!!!!!), german lagers. Not a tooheys or xxxx to be seen. This is 18yo, female uni students on austudy!! I spose those lolly water drinks have got quite expensive in the last few years, so its probably cheaper to drink nice beer than the lolly drinks. They drink craft beer and goon, i thought that was funny.

She's also expressed in interest in getting into all grain. Bought her all the gear for xmas, but sadly it all got stolen. She lives with me now so now she just drinks my homebrew. :) She always gives me a hand making it though, so its all good.

Ekul, update your location so we can help your sister's friends appreciate beer.

Were we that bad :(

Glad there was no SE QLD Case Swap attendance... :ph34r:

we still drink the beer,whoever makes it..and the ladies are passionate in what they brew also

Da wimins cook da eggs not the beerz. Fark, wat me werld cummin to?

Oh, Daaaaarling. Must you insist on so much Saaaaaaaz in this lager? It's positively earthen and teaming with smite.
A simple study of historical brewing will show anyone that women brewsters were quite the norm ,if not the main brewers, of ales/beers,certainly in Egypt and England.Making bread and making beer are /were combined activities in these cultures .It's only been in relatively modern times that it became a male dominated business activity.More power to the Ladies as far as i'm concerned, great to see more of them getting involved in the hobby/craft again .Geez Nick,i hope that comment was in jest,or i pity any woman you form a relationship with,when you grow up. :rolleyes:

Were we that bad :(

nah not bad as such - I guess I was just a little disappointed that no-one introduced themselves to me after I had stood up and explained my alter identity that had been chatting to members in the forums, I do know it was a big catchup time for you all tho so it's all good and I haven't ruled out coming back :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back