Labeling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the laminex samples from bunning and write on them in pencil . they come with a hole predrilled and I put a small rubber band around the neck . reusable and I write them up while at work on O/T thinking about the next brew mmmm.

i write the number of the brew on the lid with a permenant marker
and keep all records in a folder and on the computer

keep the folder near the fridge incase i wont to see exactly what it is and how i brewed it

I use my Excel program for my five line labels and print them out on a laser printer.I get thirty labels from a A4 sheet of copy paper.A touch with the Bostick glue stick and on to the bottles.The labels float off in the one hour bleach solution soak ,before filling the bottles again.
Example of a label

MORGANS
GOLDEN S. PILSNER
ABV 4.8%
B. AUG 2 2007
BOTTLE NUMBER 27

I use office laser labels (like for labeling envelopes)...eg

Kenzie Hop Ale
Brewed 3/8/07
Bottled 26/8/07
US56, ~4.9%

This fits on a 2.5cm tall label and I just top ontop of bottlecap and a little on the bottle. never had any trouble getting them off or identifying my beer.

and if one was so inclined you could you use work printer to prtin them. Not that I would do anything like that. ;)

Also how I do it, except with the Tudor L16 labels.
I print 3 to a label and then cut them, end up with a small square on each bottle.

Only downside is getting them of PET, but if they soak a while it gets pretty easy and glass is even easier.

I recently won some bottle top labels off ebay. I have found them Fantastic. They make the beer look that little bit better to give to someone & without to much fuss.

They stick onto the cap so no ripping labels off bottles, they go into the bin with the cap. The design is easily changable with each brew. This is important to me as I like to mature my brews and have currently 6 down waiting for a seventh.

Unfortunatly SWMBO has started to make stickers for the rugrats ie smiley faces etc (for cleaning room etc) So they really have a multitude of uses. SWMBO believes they are reasonably priced so she is quite happy to keep buing them. :D

The seller has not sold any on ebay for about a month.Gadget cave

have included sellers website for those who wish to have a look though.

Back