Kmart clearing Coopers stock

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up some of these. They didnt have any brew enhancer. what actually is brew enhancer? Could I replace it with wort from a grain mash?

If you are referring to Coopers Brew Enhancer, from memory
BE2 = 500g Dextrose + 250g DME + 250g Maltodextrin
BE1 = 600 g Dextrose + 400 g Maltodextrin

All the ingredients can be found at a good LHBS or an online supplier, so they are very easy to replicate.
Also, most LHBS sell their own versions of Brew Enhancer

Got six kits now; 2 blondes, 2 cervezia's and 2 lagers. Brisbane stores are starting to look a bit bare...

Kmart Toowong still has a bunch of standard kits but only the bitter and blonde kits left of their international series.
Kmart Indooroopilly is almost out, only a few blonde and cervezia kits left as of yesterday afternoon.

I might have to check the city stores today :D

menoetes said:
Got six kits now; 2 blondes, 2 cervezia's and 2 lagers. Brisbane stores are starting to look a bit bare...

Kmart Toowong still has a bunch of standard kits but only the bitter and blonde kits left of their international series.
Kmart Indooroopilly is almost out, only a few blonde and cervezia kits left as of yesterday afternoon.

I might have to check the city stores today :D
I grabbed some English bitters x2 Canadian blonde x2 a lager and a real ale. Any suggestions on recipes that would go well with theses?

I need some bottles, will check out the Indro store soon.

Better hurry Blitzer, I think the Indro store only had one or two boxes of bottles, I think Toowong had more, since they started renovations I think people have forgotten they are there.

Johnny, I was going to try a true Blonde style using the kit, 1.5kg of wheat or pilsen liquid malt and steeping 400g white wheat grains, 200g light crystal 20L grains and 150g carapil grains. As for the hops, maybe cascade mixed with something softly fruity like a Saaz or maybe even amarillo? Should turn out well...

A lager I will almost always throw down with liquid wheat malt (to keep it extra pale) around 250g of steeped Carapils grains and a really strong flavored, fruity hop like Galaxy, Vic Secret or Citra. Lager kits are a light on malty flavors and really let the hops shine though my recipe isn't for a traditional lager, more of a pacific ale (or faux lager).

Add the hops late in the boil as the kit is already bittered unless you want to up the IBUs, I generally add at 10 minutes before flameout and at 0 minutes (flameout) but I know 15min & 5min work well too as does 20min - 10min - 0min (though this adds some bitterness and uses more hops). Needless to say I don't generally use the coopers kit yeast. S-05 has been my go to for the paler coloured beers for a while now.

I hope this has been some some help.

The Dan murphys near me has just started selling coopers gear in the last 3 months or so. Cheaper than LHBS and K-mart.

As the title says, get yourself to Kmart and grab whatever is left

I might be partly to blame, I told a couple mates and between us we got 17 cans at 10 bucks a can.

Cheers guys, the clearence is actually Australia wide.

We got the heads up a few days ago and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has hit the western suburb Kmarts to grab up what we can.

After that it'll just be selected Woolworths and Big W's... and our LHBSs of course :)

menoetes said:
Better hurry Blitzer, I think the Indro store only had one or two boxes of bottles, I think Toowong had more, since they started renovations I think people have forgotten they are there.

Johnny, I was going to try a true Blonde style using the kit, 1.5kg of wheat or pilsen liquid malt and steeping 400g white wheat grains, 200g light crystal 20L grains and 150g carapil grains. As for the hops, maybe cascade mixed with something softly fruity like a Saaz or maybe even amarillo? Should turn out well...

A lager I will almost always throw down with liquid wheat malt (to keep it extra pale) around 250g of steeped Carapils grains and a really strong flavored, fruity hop like Galaxy, Vic Secret or Citra. Lager kits are a light on malty flavors and really let the hops shine though my recipe isn't for a traditional lager, more of a pacific ale (or faux lager).

Add the hops late in the boil as the kit is already bittered unless you want to up the IBUs, I generally add at 10 minutes before flameout and at 0 minutes (flameout) but I know 15min & 5min work well too as does 20min - 10min - 0min (though this adds some bitterness and uses more hops). Needless to say I don't generally use the coopers kit yeast. S-05 has been my go to for the paler coloured beers for a while now.

I hope this has been some some help.
Yeah cheers, I'll have a crack at the Blonde next brew, it sounds good.

Toowong still has plenty of stuff but indro is nearly completely out.

Yeah I grabbed the last two boxes of bottles from chermside Kmart - $10 for 15 bottles is a good deal. Aspley kmart had nothing at all.

Saturday the chermside had quite a few cans there in pretty much every style. But I'm not sure about today - depends on who's been travelling ;p

In Chermside this morning, half a dozen cans left from the International range (Mexican, Canadian Blonde and an English Bitter) and around a dozen or so of the basic range.

whats the bet it's just Kmart gouging for shelf price?

Maybe tied to why Coopers seem to be offering more and more free shipping sales?

The Kmart near me doesnt stock brew gear but the BigW still does,

SWMBO is quite partial to a Pale ale from the can (with some nice additions of course), I was actually surprised ad how good they can be made, was a bit disappointed to see the last of her keg blow recently

:icon_offtopic: the woolworths near me use have Coopers products..but noticed a few months ago they started to restock there home brand and a small selection of cooper's range.

Latest posts

Back