Kmart Bottle Special

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshlangmaid

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know, hopefully this is australia wide not just in Devonport, Tasmania's Kmart. They are selling 15x 750ml PET bottles for $6.99

I cleared the shelf. I'd also like to invest in a keg soon.

Just letting everyone know, hopefully this is australia wide not just in Devonport, Tasmania's Kmart. They are selling 15x 750ml PET bottles for $6.99

I cleared the shelf. I'd also like to invest in a keg soon.

Josh, is that the Coopers 750ml PET bottles? If so a great pickup in readiness for XMAS swaps.

$12.99 up here in Cairns at $6.99 I would have cleared the shelf too All 3 boxes ;)

Josh, is that the Coopers 750ml PET bottles? If so a great pickup in readiness for XMAS swaps.

Yea mate. Its coopers. Hopefully it is Australia wide. It had a special sticker thing on it so hopefully it is. Good luck anyway. XMAS swaps? Is that where the members here who want to be involved can send each other a bottle of beer? I was going to suggest something like that. Is there any issues with posting of beer?

XMAS swaps? Is that where the members here who want to be involved can send each other a bottle of beer? I was going to suggest something like that. Is there any issues with posting of beer?

What usually happens is people meet up and swap them. Save all the postage issues (cost plus the risk of loss along the way which can happen even with PET bottles) and it's an excuse to meet up with other brewers. There'll probably be threads starting up for NSW in the next month or so. Which state are you in? Might be a good idea to put your location in.

That still works out at 14 bucks for a brew. I get two cartons of 2L Regal Cola from Aldi for a total of $11.90, tip the crap into the laundry sink (major fish kills in Moreton Bay :lol: )
Of course not everyone wants a two litre beer and the problem is that one bottle is often not enough but two bottles can be lethal.
Obviously wouldn't be using soft drink bottles to mature a grand cuvee Belgian Dubbel all grain for 2 years but does my kits and bits brews perfectly and as you can see standardising my cartons and containers provide a neat and efficient storage and handling solution. (photo shows 4 out of the 9 brews in the 'conditioning queue' with another 4 finished brews in the white tall cupboard in the corner.

Hand_Trolley.JPG

That still works out at 14 bucks for a brew. I get two cartons of 2L Regal Cola from Aldi for a total of $11.90, tip the crap into the laundry sink (major fish kills in Moreton Bay :lol: )
Of course not everyone wants a two litre beer and the problem is that one bottle is often not enough but two bottles can be lethal.
Obviously wouldn't be using soft drink bottles to mature a grand cuvee Belgian Dubbel all grain for 2 years but does my kits and bits brews perfectly and as you can see standardising my cartons and containers provide a neat and efficient storage and handling solution. (photo shows 4 out of the 9 brews in the 'conditioning queue' with another 4 finished brews in the white tall cupboard in the corner.

View attachment 20446

There's a man that needs kegs!

What usually happens is people meet up and swap them. Save all the postage issues (cost plus the risk of loss along the way which can happen even with PET bottles) and it's an excuse to meet up with other brewers. There'll probably be threads starting up for NSW in the next month or so. Which state are you in? Might be a good idea to put your location in.

Ok thats a good idea. It would be good to taste some real home made beers rather than the kits i produce. Although I've got some rhizomes coming from gilbrew. It might be a bit unfair to swap kit beer for the ones you guys know what your talking about :) maybe a 2 for 1 deal :p I'm from Tas, i know there is at least one other tassie fella here. Maybe we can organise something. Cheers.

I'm sure there will be beers and brewers of all levels keen to get into the swaps Josh. I'm keen to join in this year even though I'm only a kits and bits brewer and may poison a few people along the way... Mwahahaha!

Ok thats a good idea. It would be good to taste some real home made beers rather than the kits i produce. Although I've got some rhizomes coming from gilbrew. It might be a bit unfair to swap kit beer for the ones you guys know what your talking about :) maybe a 2 for 1 deal :p I'm from Tas, i know there is at least one other tassie fella here. Maybe we can organise something. Cheers.
Josh, the concept of the case swap is to swap your best beer, or at least one of your best.

If you do that, there's no reason to swap 2 for 1, and you'll get great, relevant feedback on how to improve it (buut sometimes only for the tastebuds of the taster).

Keep brewing, refine your technique/method and your recipes until you make a beer you're happy with.

There are some pretty good K&K recipes available. If you pick a style you like, and that might involve a lot of tasting/purchases, then ask here for a recipe to suit your level of expertise. That will be a good starting point.

If you like German wheat beer, gimme a yell.

Les out :p

Back