Kittens?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bignath

"Grains don't grow up to be chips, son"
Reaction score
I am pretty sure i'm gonna look stupid, but i've gotta know:

what's with the references to kittens all the time? I'm sure there is a joke i've missed along the lines somewhere.....

would love to know what it means/refers to..

Cheers,

Nath

I am not 100% sure but I think its to do with all the my air locks not bubbling threads not 100% sure what it means but sure some one will

There once was a guy named Butters....

or so the limerick goes...

He loves noob airlock questions, drowning kittens and long walks on the beach.

Yup good old Butters. He got so sick of "my airlock isn't bubbling" posts that he posted something along the lines of "Look, airlock bubbling isn't important, and if you don't believe me I'll come round to your place and strangle a kitten in front of you and then maybe you'll believe me..." and since then it's been kittens all the way :blink:

I see the name Butters around in old threads, and he sounded like he knew his stuff. What happened to him?

Cool, i remember butters - he had the Cartman avatar didn't he??

I reckon it wasn't that long after i joined here, that i stopped noticing posts by him as he's since stopped/slowed down posting here.

Some of the stuff he put up was really bloody good though....

so it was a joke? Thats a relief, i was worried that they would try to kill my rice gulls.

21209-love_lol_cats_think_cute_ppl_find_lol_cats_annoying_feel_lol_cats.jpg

I reckon it wasn't that long after i joined here, that i stopped noticing posts by him as he's since stopped/slowed down posting here.

Yeah. There may have been some threats made against him, or something. I vaguely remember (too many late nights drinking my first kits n bits brews) :icon_vomit:

I reckon he's just a really passionate, if not slightly misunderstood brewer, but like you, I was only a noob at the time.

I remember being a little worried that my noobie questions might invoke a raging sea of "haven't you researched this properly!", or "why don't you do some research!"

..oh the memories.

Come to think of it, it's a little boring without the likes of ol' Butters.

I don't get it either. Obviously kittens are a big internet meme, they're ******* everywhere ! Even in my schooner glass.

animal_abuse.jpg

Yup good old Butters. He got so sick of "my airlock isn't bubbling" posts that he posted something along the lines of "Look, airlock bubbling isn't important, and if you don't believe me I'll come round to your place and strangle a kitten in front of you and then maybe you'll believe me..." and since then it's been kittens all the way :blink:

A simple call but pretty funny stuff from a man who would help any level of brewer with any level of question about any level of brewing with extensiveness and knowledge... Much like yourself and the Manticle's and alike of the modern day..

I reckon he's just a really passionate, if not slightly misunderstood brewer, but like you, I was only a noob at the time.

Come to think of it, it's a little boring without the likes of ol' Butters.

Must have made some impression when we are here 2 or so years later talking about him.....

What a smelly 'little' pom. :eek: :lol:

The likes of Butters and Chappo come and go but Speedie lives on forever! :blink:

The likes of Butters and Chappo come and go but Speedie lives on forever! :blink:

Shhhhhhhh Cocko!

It's usually around this time of night that he starts posting.....Don't get him started mate!

I don't get it either. Obviously kittens are a big internet meme, they're ******* everywhere ! Even in my schooner glass.

animal_abuse.jpg
Id love a pussy in my glass

I'd like my glasses in some......oh, never mind!

It all started here ....

and like so many other things at this site, it grew legs and ran....

and ran

and ran even more...

and then that Butters and Darren became good buddies, so much to the point Butters could not contain his joy and left because it was never going to get any better and Darren changed his name to something piscatorial because he had made enough friends as 'Darren'... ;)

Man, I feel old! I think in the first day Chappo joined he'd eclipsed my post count and then some. You could sit here and watch it tick over :p
Yeah, the kitten/airlock is pretty much the way Bribie described. Must admit I soon dispensed of my airlock after that but not because I was worried about it not bubbling, or because I own a cat ('cos I don't), it was more to do with another thread on glad wrap that convinced me to give it a go and I haven't looked back...

That was buttersd70, and his avatar was of, err, Butters.

av_6052.jpg

Butterz is a pretty short fella I doubt his hands would fit around the neck of a kitten.

That was buttersd70, and his avatar was of, err, Butters.

Yeah that's the one..I'm aware of the southpark reference, i just could have sworn his avatar was Cartman instead of actually using Butters, but there you go....

Used to love reading his musings....

and then that Butters and Darren became good buddies, so much to the point Butters could not contain his joy and left because it was never going to get any better and Darren changed his name to something piscatorial because he had made enough friends as 'Darren'... ;)

Classic!

Latest posts

Back