Kittens?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If kittens sniff bubbling airlocks to often they fall asleep. ;)

Hahahahahaha that's funny...

may i ask just how do you know this?

Just like the old saying "Curiosity ______ the cat"

I see the name Butters around in old threads, and he sounded like he knew his stuff. What happened to him?

I can confirm he still knows his stuff, and is back brewing too.

Cool, i remember butters - he had the Cartman avatar didn't he??

I reckon it wasn't that long after i joined here, that i stopped noticing posts by him as he's since stopped/slowed down posting here.

Some of the stuff he put up was really bloody good though....

For more Butters goodness (man he is definitely a smart cookie) visit here

As Raven mentioned, he is back and knowledgeable as ever. Very helpful bloke

edit: Speedie was typing

I can confirm he still knows his stuff, and is back brewing too.

I have no doubt about that. I'm unsure why butters left/got banned and we still have other idiots on this forum. We lost a knowledgeable guy and got someone who claims to have a 400L brewery. Seems we went backwards with that trade.

Pretty sure Butters' ban was temporary but he grew tired of this forum and some of its resident trolls. Renegade, no longer posting here made some reference which Butters found libellous and a few other issues saw him spend time elsewhere.

I learnt a lot from Butters - he was always ready to answer questions and was one of the posters here when I first joined who made the place worth visiting.

The kitten thing really is a joke that needs to be put to rest.

drowning kittens
Taking the original statement so far out of context that it somehow became a joke in and of itself is what happened. The 'kitten in airlock' 'jokes' were perpetuated by people who took one phrase then elaborated it to mean something completely different, then others made fun of that, ad nauseum. It really wasn't funny to begin with, and has gone downhill from there.

I'm unsure why butters left/got banned and we still have other idiots on this forum.
Butters knows why, and I believe he's at peace with that decision. Idiots they may be, but as long as they're within the forum rules they get to stay.

The irony would be the people who complain about irrelevant posts who then go on to ask 'how do I measure that in degrees kittens?' or some vaguely related innuendo. <_<

Sorry, thoroughly sick of this topic. It needs to be let go.

Taking the original statement so far out of context that it somehow became a joke in and of itself is what happened. The 'kitten in airlock' 'jokes' were perpetuated by people who took one phrase then elaborated it to mean something completely different, then others made fun of that, ad nauseum. It really wasn't funny to begin with, and has gone downhill from there.
HowIMetYourMotherS2E1001.jpg

...and that, kids, is how memes start

as raven and the Adelaide community are well aware, butters is alive and brewing strong. "Butters" as the avatar and "d70" as the camera.

He hates trolls, and the quote that started all this came from frustration of trolls posting misinformation in threads started by newbies. Many experienced brewers saw the joke in some of these posts but butters saw how an inexperienced brewer might mistake a joke for a statement of fact.

He still sees the funny side of a statement that was designed to shock someone into taking notice becoming almost a meme.

if anyone wants to see what butters is up to now - the link is in raven's Nev's post.

edit: correcting my own idiocy :D

Butters knows why, and I believe he's at peace with that decision. Idiots they may be, but as long as they're within the forum rules they get to stay.

I suspect you do too.... So why dont you let all of us in on the know and allow this question to finally be put to rest? :)

Darren changed his name to something piscatorial because he had made enough friends as 'Darren'... ;)
Oh I thought Darren became Speedie or Hastie or Fastie....or was it Peter in Wagga

Good old Butters (as old as I am, so not very old, in other words :lol: )

Helped me and everyone else on here "some time back".

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...=38692&st=0

Wonder if I still have that Mild recipe he gave me, it was very nice.

'a quick dig later'

It was made on some very clear rules:

91 % Golden Promise
6 % Caraaroma
3 % Carafa 1

0.5 gr/L Styrian Goldings @ 20 min
Fuggles @60 mins to IBU was half of the OG, as in IBU 18 for a 1.036 OG.

In this case that was 18 IBUs, 1.036 OG,
EBC 32.

An awesome malty, flavoursome mild even with the low OG.

Hmm, maybe that should be my next brew rather than try to dig up a Tooheys Old clone.

Bjorn

Back