Kit Clone For Coopers Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primusbrew

Reaction score
I'm looking for a kit clone for Coopers Pale Ale. I know that Coopers do a pale ale kit but I've heard that it isn't much good by itsself. I'm new to brewing and this site and have only done K&K so far but am looking to start doing some more complex brews. If anyone has a good Coopers Pale Ale recipe or can direct to somewhere that I can find a good one it would be great.

I've done the Coopers PA kit once and it turned out great. Got a 1yr old tallie of it in the fridge ready for tonight!

Check out www.hbkitreviews.com for brewers comments on all the different kits.

try this one for aCoopers Pale Ale
Wal's Pale Ale 1.7kg Or Thomas Coopers Draught
1kg Ultra Brew + Safale S-04 (Optional) 12g Cluster Standard Method

Coopers have in their international series, Original Australian Pale Ale. You could give this a go. Include one of the better quality brew packs that include a portion of dried malt extract.

As you are keen to start doing some more complex brews, this kit would be an ideal candidtate to use yeast cultured out of Coopers bottles.

You will need some dried malt extract.

There are some great threads on this site that go into detail about how to grow yeast from the bottom of Coopers bottles.

Beat me to it POL,

Definately try culturing the coopers yeast if you want to get close to CPA

Cheers,

BB

I'm looking for a kit clone for Coopers Pale Ale. I know that Coopers do a pale ale kit but I've heard that it isn't much good by itsself. I'm new to brewing and this site and have only done K&K so far but am looking to start doing some more complex brews. If anyone has a good Coopers Pale Ale recipe or can direct to somewhere that I can find a good one it would be great.

The best way to get a closer clone is to wait - unfortunately.

I'm just getting to the end of a batch of CPA I made in October 06 and it's now much much more like the original. And I was lazy and used the kit yeast. I'm trying to save the last bottle for the brews anniversary but I don't think I going to make it.

Try and build up your stocks, 6 month old brew tastes much better than 2 weeks old brew.

I found that if i bought a couple of pale ale stubbies and saved the yeast from the bottom. It can be used and it comes out a good beer

Back