Kit Beer That Tastes Good

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackapple

Reaction score
Moved to AG a few months back and have some kegs conditioning at the mo, so was looking for something to drink.

When I stumbled on an old batch of kit beer in the back of a cupboard.
It was a Coopers canadian blonde kit with BE1 made to 19ltrs which made it about 6%.

I remember tasting it after a few weeks and the twang was there, 5 months in the bottle and it damn nearly tastes like beer.
Quite nice too.

As my AG kegs now disappear at an alarming rate, i'm thinking I may have to put down some rainy day kits and put them in a cupboard I am likely to forget about. :icon_cheers:

holds breath

1.JPG

Well-made kits made well by experienced brewer with all the correct sanitation and temperature control down can and do make good beers.

Temperature control,good yeast and time..even by stepping some grains and hops can make a difference

I must admit my chocolate mahogany porter which has only been bottled for just over a month has already started to lose most of it's twang and the underlying flavors are starting to come through already.

2 of my favourite kits, Coopers Stout & Canadian Blonde. They always turned out great beers, and great bases for experimenting.

Drank one of my coopers blonde + wheat malt tin + corn starch syrup tin with hallertau and US05 a few days ago. Been about a year since I did that and it's developed an intense bitterness that is plenty matched by the malt in there, ruby dark and holds a head through the drink and laces till the next morning. Definitely can't taste any twang in it.

Mo Twazizzle dan a Banjizzle yo.

snoop-banjo1.jpg

Fo Rizzle my Nizzle.

:ph34r:

BF

The best kits I find are the ones that are successfully masked by real ingredients. For example a lot of late hops in a Pale Ale or additional spec malts in a darker beer.

Latest posts

Back