Kit And Fresh Wort !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riverside

Reaction score
Hi guys, going to throw a brew down later today and have had a Brewcellar (draught) fresh wort kit and a Morgans stockmans draught tin that have been hanging around in the brew room for about 5 months.
Im was thinking of mixing the two of these together... Any thoughts ? or do you think i would fk the fresh wort ?

Cheers

I think the point of a fresh wort is that it's ready to go. You'll be changing the hop and flavour profile. Make two brews with the two kits.

I'd suggest that any FWK that calls itself a "Draught" isn't going to have any particular character that requires protective treatment. If you wanna experiment I say go for it - especially since you say they've been sitting around for 5 months, you can't be too keen on the to begin with, right? If you do mix them up make sure you let us know how it turns out.

Well after about. 6 ales (maybe 8) i decieded to mix the two together yesterday.. probibly a bad move but thats the fun of brewing your own i recon ! Let you know how it turns out Bum.
Either way the snails will love it :icon_vomit:

Well after about. 6 ales (maybe 8) i decieded to mix the two together yesterday.. probibly a bad move but thats the fun of brewing your own i recon ! Let you know how it turns out Bum.
Either way the snails will love it :icon_vomit:

What volume did you make it up to ?

The Draught will give you 22 litres of Coopers Pale Ale (green) style so at a guess you should have added the kit and probably another 10-15 litres of water. Did you take a hydrometer reading ?

Dave
(Maker of the Brewcellar Draught FWK)

What volume did you make it up to ?

The Draught will give you 22 litres of Coopers Pale Ale (green) style so at a guess you should have added the kit and probably another 10-15 litres of water. Did you take a hydrometer reading ?

Dave
(Maker of the Brewcellar Draught FWK)

41 lts total.. no hd reading..

BTW... that fresh wort draught that you make is the best fresh wort kit i have had :) Shits on others.

Well guys had the first try of this brew last night and must say it wasnt to bad at all ( well we did a cornie keg of it betwwen 3 of us ) Taste is just like a coopers pale ale but maybe a little more sweetness, good head retention right to the last drop. NO kit twang at all ! Im going back 4 more :beerbang:

Well guys had the first try of this brew last night and must say it wasnt to bad at all ( well we did a cornie keg of it betwwen 3 of us ) Taste is just like a coopers pale ale but maybe a little more sweetness, good head retention right to the last drop. NO kit twang at all ! Im going back 4 more :beerbang:

As far as I am aware, Brewcellar dropped the wort packs. You'll need to look for other supply.

Scotty

Back