KISS Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
erm, probably because you have put like 2.3kg of sugar into it with the can o stuff that asks for 1kg :)

No doubt there's a lot of sugar in there!

Also I remember reading/hearing somewhere that you need to be careful with the type of honey you add. If it was harvested from mainly Eucalyptus sources then supposedly it will give the beer a cidery smell and taste, I guess a bit like what happens if you use sucrose rather than Dextrose etc. Best to use honey that comes from non-eucalypts, somebody told me that Pattersons Curse was one of the best flower sources :huh:

Another reason for the smell maybe the high alcohol content. What may be reminding you of wine is actually the aroma of the ethol alcohol etc.

What does it taste like?

Trev

Indy said:
but it also tastes quite wine'y, why would that be? the dextrose? maybe the sugar in the honey...?
it also smells a bit wine'y too, but yeah i tend to think it's probly the honey... :( ohhhhh, it was going to work out so well...

at least it'll get me drunk :D

cbeers :)

ps: what about the alc/vol it that when you pour it into a glass or what? (surely it'll be higher after secondary fermentation in the bottle?

Latest posts

Back