Kirin Holdings To Buy Out Lion Nathan

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice find there Dr S, good thing it wont effect us much as HBers...!

Well I hope it wont effect us anyway... :eek:

Doesn't change much for me..I already thought kirin owned LN...

I'll send them a nice recipe for rice lager. :icon_cheers:

I'll send them a nice recipe for rice lager. :icon_cheers:

I would send them a lot more than that!
big-missiles.gif

What with ANZAC Day fast approaching there will be a lot of bad memories regarding the Japs (And don't tell me to be politically correct Pomo ;) ).
Without the sacrifices of our Magnificant Wartime Heroes (And the Yanks of course) ---- REAL HEROES --- we would all be drinking sake (If those b#&tards allowed it?).

LEST WE FORGET

TP

Without the sacrifices of our Magnificant Wartime Heroes (And the Yanks of course) ---- REAL HEROES --- we would all be drinking sake (If those b#&tards allowed it?).

Not to mention being forced to suck down German sausage :eek:

Guys - please keep the thread on topic. This is about a LN buy out.

TidalPete - Listen to Basil Fawlty ;)

I don't think it's quite clicked yet Fourstar? ;) :(

TP

Who's to say I'm not into that kind of thing! :lol: :huh:

Eating big juicy sausages of course, in crusty rolls......hmmm i think i'll stop now.

Still Off Topic.

Those men & women died for all of us & democracy & for the right of free speech so I guess that gives you the right to ridicule them\my post gibbocore? :(
Just because the years are passing by does not mean that their sacrifice has been forgotten.
You are an Australian aren't you???? Enjoy your beers on ANZAC DAY.
No more responses from me.

LEST WE FORGET

TP

Dont worry TP, most of us will be remembering the 40,000 Australians who died defending Australia in WW2.

Along with the 200,000 who died for the untenable imperialist ambitions of European monarchs in WW1.

From what I remember haven't they been looking at LN for some time now? I know one of the two Japanese big breweries were looking at buying them out after the Coopers fiasco.

From what I remember haven't they been looking at LN for some time now? I know one of the two Japanese big breweries were looking at buying them out after the Coopers fiasco.

Kirin Holdings already have 41% of issued stock, they are looking to secure the rest.

Nige

Thanks to World War 2 I don't have any older male relatives, even Dad died young from leukemia after being in Atom Bomb testing in the USA. However he did meet Mam whilst they were both in the air force so I wouldn't be here would I.

Lion Nathan are actually a fairly small setup by international standards, it just seems big to us from our point of view. What's the bet that in a few years Intermegasuperbrew conglomerate will buy Kirin, or that Kirin may even sell Lion Nathan to Interemeg. A similar smaller scale thing happened when San Miguel bought Boags then sold it to Lion.

Look what happened in the UK where nearly all the old big six breweries who controlled most production since the 1960s have been swallowed up by Inbev and Heineken who are ruthlessly closing down centuries old breweries. I reckon the takeover tsunami has only just started, Heineken to buy Fosters anyone ?

Back