Kirin Ale Malt Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderleg

Reaction score
Hi WCB members,

I missed out on the last Kirin malt bulk buy. I heard a rumour that another buy could be on the cards. I have also heard that there may be some sharp rises in malt prices coming due to low global grain outputs this year, so it is a good time to stock up.

I would would take 100kg. I would be happy to help organise the buy, but I don't have any of the contact details or other relevant information. Is anyone else interested?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Thunderleg

Are you trying to organise a bulk buy or are you seeking to find out if WCB are organising a bulk buy?

Although I'm not a WCB member I would be interested in say 25/50kg of the Malt to try if you are organising and the price is right.

Do you have any indication of the likley cost?

Cheers

Wobbly

There was a bulk buy very recently at WCB.

I think it worked out at about 1$ per kilo (don't quote me on that tho) and pretty much everyone was limited to 25kg each cos it was very popular.

Basically, there is an order when enough people want grain to make up 500kg

Yep i will be in on it when the occasion arises.Roster depending with my new employer i also hope to get along to the january meet.

Cheers
Big D

Hey guys,

Is this really an ale malt? Could be interested in some either way.

cheers

Darren

Hey guys,

Is this really an ale malt? Could be interested in some either way.

cheers

Darren

Hi Darren

Yes this is real ale malt, as supplied to a number of microbreweries in WA, as long as you get it from the correct silo (otherwise it is horrible dextrinous lager malt). But the deal is
1) You have to be a paid up member of West Coast Brewers
2) You have to personally attend the meeting in Perth and pick up your bags, we dont store it, just rebag and distribute it, and the guy that drags the trailer in to the meeting is not happy if the trailer is not empty by the end of the meeting.

Hi Darren

Yes this is real ale malt, as supplied to a number of microbreweries in WA, as long as you get it from the correct silo (otherwise it is horrible dextrinous lager malt). But the deal is
2) You have to personally attend the meeting in Perth and pick up your bags,

ROAD TRIP

Hi Darren

2) You have to personally attend the meeting in Perth and pick up your bags, we dont store it, just rebag and distribute it, and the guy that drags the trailer in to the meeting is not happy if the trailer is not empty by the end of the meeting.

Oh. No go then. Great you guys can still get malt from the maltster. Ah the good old days when you could walk into Adelaide malting and grab 25 kilos of malt bagged for $14.

Now if Kai drives we might come on over 8) :party: :super: :chug:
cheers

Darren

ROAD TRIP :beerbang:
Cool.
One seat left.
Unless you two are going to argue chickens and eggs all the way across the Nullarbor.

LOL took the words out my mouth!

I've heard its $340.00 for 500kg.

For the extra money, I'd go for the better quality stuff.

WJ

Guys, does anyone have a copy of the spec sheet for the ale malt from the previous bulk buy?

Next bulk buy is on, please register interest at next WCB meeting to gauge requirements.
Loose plan is to pick up the grain, anyone got a 1 tonne ute?, take it to location "X" have a couple of beers, burn some snags and bag your own malt.
Spec sheets should be available.
I would like to get this done before the end of the month.

Next WCB tomorrow night.

Next bulk buy is on, please register interest at next WCB meeting to gauge requirements.
Loose plan is to pick up the grain, anyone got a 1 tonne ute?, take it to location "X" have a couple of beers, burn some snags and bag your own malt.
Spec sheets should be available.
I would like to get this done before the end of the month.

Next WCB tomorrow night.

If you can find someone else with a 500Kg capacity you can use my trailer (750Kg max), up to Feb 23 before it goes south.

Vlad
I have a ute at my/our disposal so all going well i will see you at tonights meeting if i dont get lost on the way.

Cheers
Big D

One of my mates has a van with nothing in the back if u end up needing it let me know.

Rob.

Vlad,
I cant recall anything being finalised last night, but you did ask people to use this thread to tidy up the ends.
1. I am up for two bags and would take a third if you have trouble making up quantities.
2. I have half a dozen empty bags I can bring along.
3. Any day is a good day unless Enid says otherwise.

Back