Kid Safe / Child Proof Keg Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me or the kegerator? Or both?!

I think the parenting issue I'm gonna have to figure out on my own, as for the physical, I see these solutions.

1) unscrew the handles
2) lock them

Of course, the MAIN problem, is I don't have a kegerator yet. This must be solved!

well rather than start a new thread, I dug up this one.

Last night I get home, sit down and think a beer would be nice, i had such a terrible day. I ask my wife is she could get me a beer. She responds by saying
"Oh I meant to tell you, you probably need to check your beer stuff as I left Scarlett (our 2 year old) out the back garden playing for a couple minutes and came back out and 2 of your beer taps were gushing and Scarlett was soacked head to toe in beer"

WTF!! dang I'd forgotten to disconnect the beer out line. So I have no idea how much beer ive lost but im assuming a lot. little rascals! It appears she didnt drink any, just took a shower in it. good to know my beer is useful for something!

well rather than start a new thread, I dug up this one.

Last night I get home, sit down and think a beer would be nice, i had such a terrible day. I ask my wife is she could get me a beer. She responds by saying
"Oh I meant to tell you, you probably need to check your beer stuff as I left Scarlett (our 2 year old) out the back garden playing for a couple minutes and came back out and 2 of your beer taps were gushing and Scarlett was soacked head to toe in beer"

WTF!! dang I'd forgotten to disconnect the beer out line. So I have no idea how much beer ive lost but im assuming a lot. little rascals! It appears she didnt drink any, just took a shower in it. good to know my beer is useful for something!

depending on the style it will probably be very good for her skin :lol:

Brendo

use snaplocks and just pull the tap off when done.

english ordinary bitter if we are going by BJCP I guess. and I think it was also my strawbeery ale.

Ive got cellis so no snap locks

I'm now considering this.....I plan on getting a kegerator soon, and I have a 2 year old devil daughter who is often too clever for her own good and likes to plan with things she shouldn't.

My best option so far is to leave the child gate on the kitchen door and then also teach her to not touch it as she gets older....She has already learnt that any full/half full/empty schooners are off limits...

she'll be right, i just have to educate her. she already thinks that anything i drink out of a glass and say no she cant have any is beer (even if its softdrink). she says 'daddy's beer', wonders up jams her nose in it and take a sniff and says 'hmmmmm'.

educate and they learn.

Latest posts

Back