Kettle Insultation Solutions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Alchemist

Reaction score
Anyone have experience insulating a mash tun or brew kettle?

I picked up some Reflectix and plan on wrapping up my (indoor electric) brew kettle with it, along with a few spacers so it's not actually touching the bulk of the heat.

Hoping it'll work, but wanted to see if anyone has experience with something similar and could make recommendations.

Thanks

I use an old camping mat wrapped around my kettle.

I personally use a yoga mat cut to size around my crown urn (used at HLT and Kettle), never had an issue with it and it does help the crown with it's weaker boil.

Anyone have experience insulating a mash tun or brew kettle?

I picked up some Reflectix and plan on wrapping up my (indoor electric) brew kettle with it, along with a few spacers so it's not actually touching the bulk of the heat.

Hoping it'll work, but wanted to see if anyone has experience with something similar and could make recommendations.

Thanks

like quite a few others here i wrapped mine in camping mat and then wrapped that in 100 mph tape.

it barely loses 1 degree over the hour mash

1.jpg

10.jpg

with what was left over from the mat i used silastic to fix it to the old pot lid for extra insulation of the mash

cheers

Dave

Thanks. Sounds like a good solution that I'll put on my list of things to try if my first solution doesn't work out.

Latest posts

Back