Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smileymark

Reaction score
Doing my first keg tomorrow...What are the pros and cons of a secondary ferment in the Keg? Cheers

I'm assuming you're talking about bulk priming (adding sugar) to the keg. Pro's are less CO2 consumed as the CO2 comes from the additional sugar. Con's are a greater amount of yeast at the bottom of the keg. There was a discussion recently about the amount of yeast and why there appears to be more when you bulk prime which you may want to look up. I bulk prime and the first glass or two is cloudy but it's fine after that...

sap.

thank you! that was my thoughts..cheers!

I'm assuming you're talking about bulk priming (adding sugar) to the keg. Pro's are less CO2 consumed as the CO2 comes from the additional sugar. Con's are a greater amount of yeast at the bottom of the keg. There was a discussion recently about the amount of yeast and why there appears to be more when you bulk prime which you may want to look up. I bulk prime and the first glass or two is cloudy but it's fine after that...

sap.

Back