Kegs As Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rurik

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have been having a lot of trouble with German Cockcroches getting into my fermenters recently, causing me to lose two realy good beers :angry: . I was talking to MHB today about using a cornie keg as a fermenter, he seemed to think it was cool, and gave me some ideas (use a quick connect into a blow off tube) and sent me on my way. I was just looking for people's thoughts and experience on this and what was the next step in techonolgy with this.

Cheers

Rurik

Hello all.

I have been having a lot of trouble with German Cockcroches getting into my fermenters recently, causing me to lose two realy good beers :angry: . I was talking to MHB today about using a cornie keg as a fermenter, he seemed to think it was cool, and gave me some ideas (use a quick connect into a blow off tube) and sent me on my way. I was just looking for people's thoughts and experience on this and what was the next step in techonolgy with this.

Cheers

Rurik

G'day bloke,
I just did a quick search and came up with this thread which covers a fair few aspects of that option.
Cheers
Doug

Back