• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kegland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local shop too. Agree Dave is very friendly and it's a nice little shop. I only wish you could put in grain orders same day. Sometimes my brew is a last minute decision (usually if the wife and kids head off for the day). I'm usually told that I needed to have my grain order in a few days before. I understand his reasons, but I rarely have that planning luxury. This usually means I end up going to Home Make It in Reservoir (which is also a great shop, and Cade is a top bloke) where a grain order can be placed by phone, crushed and purchased within 20 mins of closing time. It's a shame because Greensy HB is about 3 blocks from my house.
He used to do a quicker turnaround in the old shop but he seems to be much busier now, I know not to ask for grain on a Wednesday or Thursday as he in generally brewing those days. I work regular days so I know I can only brew at the weekend or public holidays so I can plan a bit. I crush my own grain so it doesn't matter if I hold on to the grain for a few months, hops go back in the freezer and yeasts in the fridge so I usually have one brew ready to go. He showed me his new web site last week, it has grain and hop ordering on it but I didn't notice if there was a lead time mentioned.

Greensborough homebrew is a great shop, Dave always has time for my stupid questions and is great for advice.
Always good to have a chat with other customers too.

Update for everyone, after having it out with Oliver and calling him out for his shit customer service I was rudely told I would get a refund. It’s been 3 weeks since I placed an order with Kegland and I still have no products and no refund, I check my bank daily and nothing has come through. I have been palmed off to every other person that seems to work for Kegland but not so much as an apology from Oliver for treating me like a piece of shit for simply asking for a solution to the problem. My LHBS (brewers choice in browns plains) helped me out with products and got me operational, couldn’t thank them enough and will be making the 30 minute journey and paying that little bit more whenever I need anything brew related.

Update for everyone, after having it out with Oliver and calling him out for his shit customer service I was rudely told I would get a refund. It’s been 3 weeks since I placed an order with Kegland and I still have no products and no refund, I check my bank daily and nothing has come through. I have been palmed off to every other person that seems to work for Kegland but not so much as an apology from Oliver for treating me like a piece of shit for simply asking for a solution to the problem. My LHBS (brewers choice in browns plains) helped me out with products and got me operational, couldn’t thank them enough and will be making the 30 minute journey and paying that little bit more whenever I need anything brew related.

Thats a shame you got that experience. I bought a V3 Robobrew and had an issue with the control board. I emailed them and Kee replied really quickly and gave me several options on how to fix it. Initially we thought it was a faulty temp probe so they sent one out to me. While it was still in transit, Kee phoned me about another unit they had which had a similar problem to mine and the issue was the control board. They sent sent me a replacement board as well which I installed that saved me packing the whole thing up and shipping it back. The units now working fine and I cant fault their customer service or warranty claims.

Thats a shame you got that experience. I bought a V3 Robobrew and had an issue with the control board. I emailed them and Kee replied really quickly and gave me several options on how to fix it. Initially we thought it was a faulty temp probe so they sent one out to me. While it was still in transit, Kee phoned me about another unit they had which had a similar problem to mine and the issue was the control board. They sent sent me a replacement board as well which I installed that saved me packing the whole thing up and shipping it back. The units now working fine and I cant fault their customer service or warranty claims.

I thought they may have fixed their shitty control boards on the robobrew, but maybe not.

Interested in better LHBS in bris area if you know of one.

Find the bloke at brewers choice to be extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Country Brewer at Wacol used to be Brewer's Choice, same ppl but much wider range of stuff.

Interested in better LHBS in bris area if you know of one.

Find the bloke at brewers choice to be extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

what suburb are you in? Northside there is hoppy days, out east you have craftbrewer and at cannon hill there is cannon hill brewing. Those are the only 3 I use. all 3 have a physical shop.

Thank you for the feedback Lucas.
Our investigation with Australia Post Business is still ongoing.
The refund was processed on the 3rd April as per our conversation.

Happy Brewing.
-Oliver

Maybe they should get rid of Oliver and put Kee in as General Manager.

Would think that the control board would be better if it was away from the boiler .What does it cost to replace a control board if it gets a power surge and can the newer board be used on the older model.

Maybe they should get rid of Oliver and put Kee in as General Manager.

I would much rather deal with Kee, seemed to have a better understanding of how to deal with a frustrated customer. Can’t wait for kee to do to Oliver what Oliver did to Kegland, maybe we will end up with a “keg palace”. Or “keg world” out of it.

I would much rather deal with Kee, seemed to have a better understanding of how to deal with a frustrated customer. Can’t wait for kee to do to Oliver what Oliver did to Kegland, maybe we will end up with a “keg palace”. Or “keg world” out of it.

Oliver is a fantastic asset to the company and generally speaking his customer service is exceptional. If you have any issues with any of the transactions that we process you can always talk to a range of the staff who would be happy to help.

If you do have any issues with any products that we supply we have quite a well documented procedure and we would be happy for people to comment on this. If we it needs updating we are more than welcome to take on advice as this is a constantly evolving document and all our traning material and manuals are frequently being updated.

Step 1:
The customer is number #1. - Ascertain they purchased the item from us. We will do anything for our customers(within the rules), make them feel like they know that.

Step 2:
Make the customer feel comfortable that a solution will be found. Let the customer know that we will find a solution to your problem. The customer needs to feel like they are our number one priority and they have our full attention and support. Be apologetic without guaranteeing a solution as the issue has not yet been determined.

Step 3:
Diagnose this problem. If it helps to have a video or photos of the issue the customer is facing, then ask for it in a professional manner. That it would help greatly if there is more supporting information in regards to this problem.

Step 4:
Offer multiple solutions below and the options might vary depending on the specific issue at hand:

4.1. Return for closer diagnosis / repair.
(if the unit cannot be repaired with 2 business days of us receiving it, we will either replace the item or refund the item depending on what the customer wants to do.)

If this item is beyond repair, and the value of the item is high, we must get the item returned for closer diagnosis to send to the factory if it is a factory fault.

4.2. Offer a replacement or product alternative.
If the product the customer received is of lower value and would actually cost more to get it returned and another sent back out, we can replace the item for the customer. But we must ensure that the customer does indeed have a faulty item and that it wasn’t caused by user error.

4.3. Partial Refund
If the unit was damaged in transit or has aesthetic defects but does not require a replacement. You may offer a partial refund. This is item dependent and will vary depending on the severity of the damage.

4.4. Full Refund
If the item has been completely destroyed in transit, or simply is defective and will not perform the task that is was bought to do (within the warranty period of that item) Then we can get it returned for a full refund.

As far as we are aware the only issue we have from time to time is that people sometimes want the options in step 4 before step 3. As you can imagine if we have an issue we need to diagnose the issue completely before the steps in option 4 are given but you can always rest assured option 4 will come at the end and a solution is always reached.

So really irrespective of who picks up the phone or answers the email our company policy is the same for all customers. If any of you feel that this procedure above has not been followed please email us at [email protected]

It's a bit off topic now but I love my local shop (Greensborough home brew), I hope their margins are big enough to keep them going, I wouldn't want to see them close.

Some of the things I enjoy about the shop are;

They are local and if I need something I can buy it and have it home in under an hour.

I like Dave, he is honest, friendly, welcoming and always has time for a chat, if I remind him a few times he will order in bits of kit he does not stock.

Dave is extremely knowledgeable and offers good advice even if it means not selling something he has in stock, because of this I would always send a newby there to get started.

They keep a very large range of malts and hops and their turnover is rapid so they are fresh.

There is a band of regular customers who are also friendly and welcoming who have knowledge they are happy to share.

I buy everything I can from them to make sure they stay in business.

We would agree with that. David is a legend and he also makes excellend fresh wort kits on site. Probably one of the best blokes in the industry. Highly recommend:
http://greensboroughhomebrew.com.au/

Latest posts

Back