Kegland robobrew may not be for me confused

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brisie

Reaction score
My quip 2 x 50L 1x 80,120,170,225L pots Techniice esky mash tuns 120,200L 2x high pressure burner 1 x 5500W triclamp heater gas electric combo to speed up boil time.
Mission 1 brew day every 5-6 months 200+ liters hot cubed fermenting 50L batches at a time as needed.

Had an idea instead of busting a nut pulling out the esky, cleaning all the rest. Just buy a robobrew get the wort going then transfer to boil pot do my boil and hops in it while I set up another batch in the robo.

From the YouTube vids I need to buy the Digiboil or use boil pot for sparging which kind of difies or turns the robo into an expensive mash tun.

I liked the idea that you could use it with the Alcoengine as I was thinking of buying that and having a universal piece of kit but now I'm more confused on what direction I should go.

My quip 2 x 50L 1x 80,120,170,225L pots Techniice esky mash tuns 120,200L 2x high pressure burner 1 x 5500W triclamp heater gas electric combo to speed up boil time.
Mission 1 brew day every 5-6 months 200+ liters hot cubed fermenting 50L batches at a time as needed.

Had an idea instead of busting a nut pulling out the esky, cleaning all the rest. Just buy a robobrew get the wort going then transfer to boil pot do my boil and hops in it while I set up another batch in the robo.

From the YouTube vids I need to buy the Digiboil or use boil pot for sparging which kind of difies or turns the robo into an expensive mash tun.

I liked the idea that you could use it with the Alcoengine as I was thinking of buying that and having a universal piece of kit but now I'm more confused on what direction I should go.
No need to buy the digiboil. Either heat sparge water in the robo and then run off into a separate vessel/cooler before mashing in, or just sparge cold.

Anyone who suggests that you need to do this either doesn't really know what they're doing, or is sticking to the old and outdated homebrewing dogma that sparge water needs to be a very specific temperature.
As Kea said, you can either sparge with room temp water or you can pre-heat all of your water to strike temp, then drain the sparge water in to a bucket before mashing in. Trust me, the water in the bucket will stay warm enough, and it's quicker to get everything up to a boil after sparging if you do it this way

The USA vids didn't really cover sparging thinking it's not very efficient single mash.
Australian video I saw 3.1 he was sparging at 78c which made sense to me and thought it's a deal breaker as you need 2 tanks that's what brought me here.
If I can do 2x18+1x9Ltr kegs that would last me about 3-4 weeks. From start to finish clean up 65L robo would take about 4hours to do this????
I can do 200L in about 10 hours including 3 hours lost on something I'll always manage finding something I stuff up along the way.

The USA vids didn't really cover sparging thinking it's not very efficient single mash.
Australian video I saw 3.1 he was sparging at 78c which made sense to me and thought it's a deal breaker as you need 2 tanks that's what brought me here.
If I can do 2x18+1x9Ltr kegs that would last me about 3-4 weeks. From start to finish clean up 65L robo would take about 4hours to do this????
I can do 200L in about 10 hours including 3 hours lost on something I'll always manage finding something I stuff up along the way.
I’ve never quite managed 4hrs myself on the GF, probably nearer 5-6 for me including all chilling and cleaning, but if you want to shorten your brew day there are several options:
1. Reduce mash time (eg to 45mins)
2. Reduce boil time (eg to 45mins)
3. Don’t sparge (full volume mash)
4. No chill
5. Overnight mash and boil the next day

I’m sure others will come up with ones I haven’t thought of. You could do a search for brulosophy short & shoddy, they’re pretty helpful at explaining some different ways of shortening brew days

Latest posts

Back