Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried to submit an order and it wouldn't go through on the chrome browser. It worked when i swapped to edge though.
They're both pretty much the same under the hood, so using one over the other shouldn't be an issue. Might need to clear your cache or something.
Ctrl + Shift + R will do it

Thanks for your reply and advice.
I purchased the DigiBoil in late 2019 so it is no longer under warranty.

After speaking with one of your colleagues on the phone, I decided to repair the burnt out connection.
The screw which holds the connectors seemed to be fused and could not be removed, so I wrapped everything in bare multi strand 10A copper wire and soldered it all together.
I tested it with just 6L of water and it maintained a sustained rolling boil with both elements working.

However, I have a concern that I'm hoping that you you (or anyone reading this) may be able to help me with.
What caused the burn out at this connection in first place? - I want to prevent it happening again.
Also, (it may be consequential) although a vigorous boil was evident, the temperature reading on the display never rose above 97C.
The lower temp for your boil may be because of your height above sea level. I think the boil temp needs to be lowered by .5 deg C / 500ft above sea level

The lower temp for your boil may be because of your height above sea level. I think the boil temp needs to be lowered by .5 deg C / 500ft above sea level
Thanks for the advice.
What I meant was that the temp is reading low only after the electrical blowout repair. It was reading correctly for years beforehand.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, could you please tell me what the thread size is for the bottom drain fitting on the Gen4 Brewzilla (35L)?

1690509670005.png

NPT and BSP are essentially the same size the difference is the thread pitch and form. 1/2 BSP and 1/2 NPT are the same thread pitch but the thread form is slightly different, they are interchangeable however. Another example of the USA out of step with the rest of the world.

Thanks for your reply and advice.
I purchased the DigiBoil in late 2019 so it is no longer under warranty.

After speaking with one of your colleagues on the phone, I decided to repair the burnt out connection.
The screw which holds the connectors seemed to be fused and could not be removed, so I wrapped everything in bare multi strand 10A copper wire and soldered it all together.
I tested it with just 6L of water and it maintained a sustained rolling boil with both elements working.

However, I have a concern that I'm hoping that you you (or anyone reading this) may be able to help me with.
What caused the burn out at this connection in first place? - I want to prevent it happening again.
Also, (it may be consequential) although a vigorous boil was evident, the temperature reading on the display never rose above 97C.

Its very difficult to say but with these high amp connections I am guessing if any arcing will very quickly create large amounts of heat and then cause the element to burn out. If water gets in there this might be the case. It could be caused by corroded connections or loose terminals. We sell many thousands of the DigiBoils and this type of issue is almost unheard of so it's difficult to say. It's not something that we have come across before so it's difficult for me to give advice on what was the issue.

I just tried to submit an order and it wouldn't go through on the chrome browser. It worked when i swapped to edge though.
That's strange. I just did a test order with my Chrome browser and it seems to work for me.

Which part of the checkout process did you get stuck on? Is there any chance you can email us some screen shots?

NPT and BSP are essentially the same size the difference is the thread pitch and form. 1/2 BSP and 1/2 NPT are the same thread pitch but the thread form is slightly different, they are interchangeable however. Another example of the USA out of step with the rest of the world.
1/2" BSP and NPT are effectively interchangeable, but most other sizes including 3/8" also differ in diameter as well as thread count/pitch.

When will the 100L Brewzilla be coming to the states? Back in February, I emailed you guys and was told it would be early to mid summer.

Yes we are looking to stock them and you should be careful purchasing this stuff from America as I think all of the American models are 110v. We are working with them at the moment to get them to make a 220-240v compatible model.

We are also looking at bringing out a heater that will attach to the TC port on the fermenter too so I think this is another good alternative. Either way more heating options will be available very soon.
Hey guys any news on the TC port heater? just in time for summer? haha... Very keen for this as fermenting in the X2 95 I'm struggling to keep such a large volume of wort warm in this weather.

When will the 100L Brewzilla be coming to the states? Back in February, I emailed you guys and was told it would be early to mid summer.

KegLand has two main distributors in America. www.morebeer.com and www.williamsbrwing.com

It's best to contact these guys directly and they can give you lead times and approximate arrival dates.

To my understanding these have already been ordered by More Beer so I would be assuming they will go on sale soon. As we have had quite a bit of interest I would be guessing that they will probably sell out in America fairly quickly so maybe if you contact More Beer you might be able to get on a notification list so you get notified when they go on sale.

Any mini benchtop kegerator news @KegLand-com-au ?

We made some samples of these and with our trials the main objections we got were that it was a bit ugly. Performance wise we had not issues. Due to the lack of visual appeal we have recently hired an industrial designer to assist with improving the look of the product. I know you are not going to like the sound of this but it basically means we have delayed the release until the physical design is updated.

Unlike many other products that we make that are used in the brewery this bench top kegerator really needs to look good so it can earn a place in the kitchen next to other bench top appliances.

I must say at KegLand we are great at designing the products that work great but I have to confess we are not experts at industrial design so we have had to seek outside help on this.

Latest posts

Back