Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve got a ss fermenter tri top with a 1/4” T one for gas and one for the prv. I wanted 2 (1 for the fermenter & 1 spare). I wanted these as they take the standard PRV as widely used in the plastic fermenters

We have no plans at this stage to order this part again as it was very rarely sold. We could do a custom order for you and order this part specifically for you but by the time we do that it would cost similar to just ordering this whole assembly and removing the part you need:

Mini Keg - Ball Lock Tapping Head (with Silicone Dip Tube)

Since we have started to sell this alternative product this seems to be the more popular choice as it's more compact:
Mini Keg Low Profile Ball Lock Tapping Head Kit
We sell substantially more of these now.

EDIT: Profile is now on Brewzilla, looking forward to doing a big brew this weekend. Cheers.

Hi Guys,
still waiting for the Brewzilla 100 profile to be available on Brewfather, but the last two times I've raised the fact its not there I've also asked if you could please supply the relevant parameters so I can make my own profile rather than wait for the upload. both times this request was ignored. Could you pretty please provide them? i.e. these:

1678850735120.png

Much appreciated

Last edited:
Hey guys, looking at ways to control my ferment outside of a fermentation chamber, due to space constraints and the also wanting to have different temp profiles running simultaneously. Was looking at going the Glycol route, but not a fan of the temp twister as its just seem to take up too much real estate inside the fermzilla, it also looks like it would be too close to the thermowell to keep the temp accurate.

Went looking for ad hoc glycol jackets and came across this, Cool Zone Cooling Jacket, was wondering if something similar to this is something you would consider bringing out for the fermzilla range in the near future?

Hey guys, looking at ways to control my ferment outside of a fermentation chamber, due to space constraints and the also wanting to have different temp profiles running simultaneously. Was looking at going the Glycol route, but not a fan of the temp twister as its just seem to take up too much real estate inside the fermzilla, it also looks like it would be too close to the thermowell to keep the temp accurate.

Went looking for ad hoc glycol jackets and came across this, Cool Zone Cooling Jacket, was wondering if something similar to this is something you would consider bringing out for the fermzilla range in the near future?

If you use glycol and do not insulate all your lines and jackets well you will end up with a lot of condensation. Also you will have to be well insulated to also get to sub zero temperatures so you are able to crash chill. So taking this into consideration and the size of the insulation, hosing, the chiller itself you might find yourself being similarly bulky as the Chamber.

Although we obviously sell a lot of glycol stuff I personally chose the chamber every time as it just works better. We do have another half sized chamber that will be finished hopefully at the end of this year. Perhaps this half sized model is more for you. With the half sized chamber they can be double stacked too so in the same footprint you can have two fermenters going.

Hi Guys,
wanted to note a couple of inconsistencies regarding glycol chilling the X2 95L fermenter.

The Kegland Product page for the for the fermenter recommends the G40.1 but reading the manual for the G40.1 it says that G20 is more appropriate for fermentation control.

Also, the g40.1 product page specifies the outlet tubing is 10mm OD 8mm ID but links to the 15mm OD 10mm ID.

Can you confirm the G20 is the appropriate chiller for the Brewbuilt X2 95L?

Kind regards,

Hi Guys,
wanted to note a couple of inconsistencies regarding glycol chilling the X2 95L fermenter.

The Kegland Product page for the for the fermenter recommends the G40.1 but reading the manual for the G40.1 it says that G20 is more appropriate for fermentation control.

Also, the g40.1 product page specifies the outlet tubing is 10mm OD 8mm ID but links to the 15mm OD 10mm ID.

Can you confirm the G20 is the appropriate chiller for the Brewbuilt X2 95L?

Kind regards,

Sorry about this we are just doing some updates at the moment on the website. The G40.1 is more powerful than the G20 but both of them will get the job done for you.

The G40.1 comes whit two different configurations:

This one that is designed to be an icebank chiller
https://www.kegland.com.au/icemaster-g40-with-4-submersible-pumps-glycol-chiller-icebank.html
This one that is designed to be fermenter chiller:
https://www.kegland.com.au/icemaster-g40-with-4-submersible-pumps-glycol-chiller-icebank.html
Technically both will work. The Icebank chiller as 8mm OD stainless tube on the input and output meaning that beer line can normally be attached to these. The same chiller has a barb to suit approximately 10mm ID tubing. The second link is the fermenter chiller that has inputs/outputs that are made to suit the 8mm ID tubing.

The g20 is cheaper and will also work but it less powerful. It's slightly more quiet due to different fans being used and it's also substantially more compact.

This is in stock now but they are selling fairly well so we anticipate they will be sold out soon:

https://www.kegland.com.au/95l-brewbuilt-x2-jacketed-stainless-steel-conical-unitank-fermenter.html
The next container of BrewBuilt fermenters will arrive in about 4-5 weeks so if you miss out on these ones the next ones are not too far away.
Sorry, I was referring to just the neoprene jacket.

https://www.kegland.com.au/neoprene-jacket-for-brewbuilt-95l-x2-jacketed-unitank.html

Any update on the 26L BrewBuilt X2 availability? Are they with this shipment?

This thread is because we have been getting some questions from our customers and often we are answering the same questions to multiple different people and perhaps the more efficient way to handle these questions is through a public forum.

Also as we feel that we have a team of staff with a fairly wide range of experience especially in the keg dispensing hardware field we feel that this can also be an area for customers to ask us about specific advice on how to use gear.

It should be noted that we have our own business called and some customers might find our advice or insight to be biased because we are a retailer of keg dispensing hardware. With that said, we are passionate about the industry and we have a genuine interest in making sure customers get good advice so they are educated enough to make better beer and make good choices when putting together keg systems.

So if you have any questions related to our gear or other keg dispensing gear. Please feel free to ask us on this thread.
So I am new to having a kegerator and I have had a couple of kegs in and out already. Now I am having a problem with ice and frost building up and keeping the temp up.

Back