Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you have 10mm gap between the bottom of the malt pipt this is sufficient. We have been testing this quite a bit recently on the BrewZilla Gen 4 and one thing that we wated to achieve is a larger malt pipe so we have now made the bottom false bottom screen lower and also made the standard malt pipe longer and get much closer to this false bottom screen. So now the BrewZilla gen 4 has a malt pipe that is a few litres larger than the older BrewZilla Gen 3 malt pipe.

Thank you for the response. I did not notice the new bottom false bottom indeed has shorter legs (and the pull ring now folds down). Would the new oversized malt pipe work in the older 35L models if paired with the new bottom false bottom? Depending on pricing, it may make more sense to just wait and buy the Gen 4 than buying those separate parts, but I just bought my 3.1.1 last year, so may be awhile. =c)

It's standing on the floor at an angle with the corner of the room, so there's a lot of space on the back and on both sides of the unit. There is zero ice build up anywhere.

I'll do as suggested above and leave a glass of water in there for a few hours and use a probe to measure the temperature.

Cheers
Following up here, it's been 10h and the water is not frozen. Series X is saying -6 in the display.

Disappointed with latest $900 order experience.
  1. Multiple missing items from order.
  2. Told they were shipped separately.
  3. Asked for tracking number.
  4. Told to wait longer.
  5. Asked again for tracking number, and questioned if it was on the same initial tracking number, but never scanned as leaving warehouse.
  6. Confirmed that this is the case. Label "printed" but never scanned as leaving warehouse. Hence it doesn't exist as far as the shipping company is concerned.
  7. Told by KL that it's store policy for the customer to wait 20 days so the "shipping company can investigate".
  8. Raised issue with yeast missing/dead in a box somewhere -> I was told I should pay for express postage if I care about my yeast.
It's just exhausting. Buying from Kegland already takes 1-2 months of having a tab open and refreshing until an item becomes in stock. It shouldn't be a part-time job to then get the order you've paid for.

Just checked with a Kegland temperature controller. It's 1.0C and the series X is oscillating between -5 and -6 in the display.

From the Instruction Manual...

Temperature Calibration
• Hold down both the Cooler and Warmer button simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until “SC” begins flashing on the display
• While SC is flashing press the “°C/°F” button to enter the calibration mode.
• A flashing number between -10 and +10 will be displayed.
• Use the Cooler or Warmer buttons to adjust the set calibration value.
• Increasing the calibration value will calibrate the unit to display a higher temperature for example if your Series X is displaying 2°C but the actual temperature is 7°C then increase the calibration value to +5.

From the Instruction Manual...

Temperature Calibration
• Hold down both the Cooler and Warmer button simultaneously for at least 3 seconds until “SC” begins flashing on the display
• While SC is flashing press the “°C/°F” button to enter the calibration mode.
• A flashing number between -10 and +10 will be displayed.
• Use the Cooler or Warmer buttons to adjust the set calibration value.
• Increasing the calibration value will calibrate the unit to display a higher temperature for example if your Series X is displaying 2°C but the actual temperature is 7°C then increase the calibration value to +5.
Thanks so much for this!
Had to adjust to +7 to make it right, as it was showing -6 and it was +1.
The compressor kicked in immediately, not sure if coincidence or not. I set it to -3 now, let's see if it takes it there

It's standing on the floor at an angle with the corner of the room, so there's a lot of space on the back and on both sides of the unit. There is zero ice build up anywhere.

I'll do as suggested above and leave a glass of water in there for a few hours and use a probe to measure the temperature.

Cheers

This doesnt seem right at all. The series X can definitely freeze a keg of beer. Is it possible for you to send our customre service team an email with some photos of your setup. If you can send photos of the inside of the fridge too that sometimes is helpful just incase we can spot something that is not right.

Thanks so much for this!
Had to adjust to +7 to make it right, as it was showing -6 and it was +1.
The compressor kicked in immediately, not sure if coincidence or not. I set it to -3 now, let's see if it takes it there

That's a good point. Thanks for pointing that out. Forgot to mention the calibration setting. Thanks tubbsy!

Thank you for the response. I did not notice the new bottom false bottom indeed has shorter legs (and the pull ring now folds down). Would the new oversized malt pipe work in the older 35L models if paired with the new bottom false bottom? Depending on pricing, it may make more sense to just wait and buy the Gen 4 than buying those separate parts, but I just bought my 3.1.1 last year, so may be awhile. =c)

Yes we have held off on video and promotional material for the BrewZilla Gen 4 until we get more stock. Once we release the video we will cover all the features in more details so you can better understand the difference between the older Gen 3.1.1 and the new Gen 4. Often what happesn is we generate too much hype on the product and then it sells out too fast and people complain about not being able to get stock. So we are going to try and hold back on a big promotion. With respect to the malt pipe this is compatible with the older models but the only problem is the false bottom of the older 3.1.1 is too tall so you need to shorten the legs on the bottom boiler screen to accomodate for the longer malt pipe.

@KegLand-com-au any updates on this?

Moving into an apartment soon and space has become premium.

Sorry, I missed this statement. The mini kegerator is coming along and we are pretty much done with the design process. We are moving to tooling now. Normally we would have about 2 months getting tooling completed, then another 2 months of internal testing and then once this is completed we will move to approvals and this can take 2-4 months. So at a bit of a guess I would say we are 6-8 months from getting the mini kegerator finished now.

Yes we have held off on video and promotional material for the BrewZilla Gen 4 until we get more stock. Once we release the video we will cover all the features in more details so you can better understand the difference between the older Gen 3.1.1 and the new Gen 4. Often what happesn is we generate too much hype on the product and then it sells out too fast and people complain about not being able to get stock. So we are going to try and hold back on a big promotion. With respect to the malt pipe this is compatible with the older models but the only problem is the false bottom of the older 3.1.1 is too tall so you need to shorten the legs on the bottom boiler screen to accomodate for the longer malt pipe.

Oh, so popular you have to stop making videos. Very 90's Pearl Jam of you. =c)

Thanks for the additional response (and for responding to all the other stuff in this thread).

Any news on the 8L oxebar kegs that fit the PCO38 head?

It's a bit embarrasing. These PCO38 tapping heads and PCO38 kegs are already in stock now but somehow the handles got lost or missed on the shipment. So we are waiting for the handles to arrive before we sell these.

Also we got alot of requests for you guys for us to make the 4L PCO38 kegs we are also doing this now too so the smaller 4L model should be finished very soon.

16th of march lol
Screenshot_20220211-133630_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's a bit embarrasing. These PCO38 tapping heads and PCO38 kegs are already in stock now but somehow the handles got lost or missed on the shipment. So we are waiting for the handles to arrive before we sell these.

Also we got alot of requests for you guys for us to make the 4L PCO38 kegs we are also doing this now too so the smaller 4L model should be finished very soon.
Have these come out yet at all? Just wondering if I missed the first lot or not. Keen to hear what peoples thoughts are in the setup.

Okay, these look pretty cool. Might finally be a solution to the problem of doing split batches and avoiding oxidation. Just need to work out a floating dip tube solution (or appropriate dip length) to ferment and serve all at once.

Back