Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, need a couple of these, these are horrendously expensive elsewhere. Almost better off buying another second hand keg.

All of the seal kits, lid seals, dip tube seals etc are also very expensive.

Yes these less popular fittings are really much more expensive. I would always suggest to anyone getting into kegs to go with the Cornelius type kegs as the parts are cheap and available. The quality of the second hand kegs has progressively been getting worse over the years. I would probably not even suggest getting second hand kegs at all and just go with new ones. We give 10 years warranty on the new ones that we sell and they are getting pretty close in price to the second hand ones.

Is there any news/ETA on the fermentation fridge?

This is going to be finished early next year. We were hoping to have this released before Christmas but we are still making changes to the software. This is a really exciting step for us as it's the first of several internet connected brewing devices that we are making. I wish I had a more precise date for the release of this one but it's too early to say right now.

Separate topic but if you could attach some flexible SS mesh to this dip tube you could create a cheap filtered floating dip tube in order to dry hop loose in fermenter. I have set this up but the mesh I ordered was too fine so I get some foaming currently. Just a thought

I will talk to the other guys about this and we will have a look at it.

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Homebrew-Inching-Siphon-Filter-Home-Brew-Beer-Wine-Making/222376163601?epid=558780968&hash=item33c6a6f911:g:eek:5YAAOSw44BYeANy

I have these and they are perfect, a bit of keg lube helps you insert the dip tube inside. They seem to actually help keep the dip tube submerged as well and avoid sucking CO2 when transferring.

Thanks for that. I will try some of these too and give them a go. Do you find these get blocked with hops fairly quickly?

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stainless-Steel-Mesh-Homebrew-Inching-Siphon-Filter-Home-Brew-Beer-Wine-Making/222376163601?epid=558780968&hash=item33c6a6f911:g:eek:5YAAOSw44BYeANy

I have these and they are perfect, a bit of keg lube helps you insert the dip tube inside. They seem to actually help keep the dip tube submerged as well and avoid sucking CO2 when transferring.

Thanks for this, I will also give it a go and report back, easier than trying to bend a square piece of SS mesh into a suitable filter every brew!

Hi @KegLand-com-au, a couple of questions please:

• Are you still intending to release a high-temp body for the Fermzilla, and if so can you indicate timing?
  • Have you given any further consideration to tri-clamp and hose adapters for the bottom port of the Fermzilla?
  • Do you still have plans for a CIP lid, and if so can it handle different size fittings (larger than 1/2")?
  • Do you have access to any fittings that would adapt a 5/8" tap shank to a K-lok male check valve (liquid)? The K-lok and brand-equivalent male fittings all seem to be male threads from what I can tell.
Thank you,

Yes the maltzilla sorry

We will sell the new MaltZilla for about $158 and this will include the integrated motor. IIf we did sell the mill without motor it would probably sell for just under $100 however we really feel like it's a better product with the motor so we are considering not even selling it without motor.

You can drive the mill with a cordless drill but the motor drives at the optimum RPM and doesn't cost much extra.

I should say the power supply is extra and sold separately. It's the same power supply as our Cannular Canning machine.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. You are correct. We are just changing over to a new server. The process should be complete in about 1 hr. Sorry about this.

The upgrade is now complete. So if you go to kegland.com.au now you should notice the website is slightly faster than before.

Random question regarding the Series 4 Kegerator and the smaller 9.5l ball lock kegs:
Is there room in the kegerator to stack two of these on top of each other? More, smaller kegs vs fewer, larger kegs allows for more beer variety chilled and ready to serve.
I'm thinking, buy a bunch of the smaller kegs, split a 20L batch between two kegs, chill and carb up both. One get's removed and put in storage, the other stays in the kegerator. Rinse and repeat.
Not too hard to swap beer and gas lines between kegs to swap over beers. There's gonna be a bit of cross-contamination in the first little bit coming out of the tap, but 2m of 4mm line doesn't hold THAT much beer - about 25ml's by my calculations. Swap the beer and gas lines over, pour yourself a shot glass of mixed beer as a reward for your efforts and then you're right to go.
In theory, you can fit 6 chilled 9.5L kegs into a series 4 and have three on the go at a time and it's maybe a 2-minute job to swap over to a different beer.

Further question, the new carbonation lid for Corny kegs fits on the 9.5l but the plumbing fittings extend past the top of the keg - so what's the height of a 9.5l keg, with the carb lid installed and the liquid in-line connected? Can I fit one of these on top of a normally connected 9.5L keg in a series 4? So 5 beer kegs and a soda keg?

We will sell the new MaltZilla for about $158 and this will include the integrated motor. IIf we did sell the mill without motor it would probably sell for just under $100 however we really feel like it's a better product with the motor so we are considering not even selling it without motor.

You can drive the mill with a cordless drill but the motor drives at the optimum RPM and doesn't cost much extra.

I should say the power supply is extra and sold separately. It's the same power supply as our Cannular Canning machine.
That sounds awesome I would only need the MaltZilla as I have a 12/24v motor connected to an adjustable voltage supply.
When would they be available?
I would really go for just the MaltZilla asap

Hi Kegland. What are your thoughts on selling a CO2 detector/alarm?

We do not have plans to release anything in this area yet.

The safest thing to do when storing CO2 on site is to only store a safe amount of CO2 in the building/room. If you release a full bottle of CO2 into a room then you can release up to 1kg of CO2 per 33 cubic meters into the room without it being an issue. For instance if you only have a single 2.6kg gas cylinder in the room then the worst case scenario is if you release the full 2.6kg of gas. So for a 2.6 kg cylinder if your room size is 85.8cubic meters (33 x 2.6) then you do not even need a CO2 detector/alarm.

Back