Keggle Cosy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakey

Reaction score
Hello> I have just converted a 50L keg into a kettle with a 2200W element from CB, just wondering if anyone out there knows where I can find some sort of keg cosy/ insulation thingy. CHEERS :icon_cheers:

Clarkes rubber or gym matting with some straps from bunnings

Clarkes rubber or gym matting with some straps from bunnings

ok cool that sounds like a good idea, and cheap i suppose too. Is this what you use?

Some people use a camping mat, but Clarkes rubber sounds like the real deal.
I just used a sleeping bag. Tuck my mash in snug with a teddy.

Air-cell insulation is the bomb but expensive to buy a small piece for a keggle. Try building sites or mates that may be renovating and ask for off cuts then tape on with the foil away from the keggle for best results.

Drew

I use an esky, theres a thread with a picture of the gym matting and it looks great .look on the end of the "ideas for building a mashtun thread"

Clark rubber sell an insulation which is black and has a reflective silver coating on one or both sides. This stuff worked a treat but was a little expensive at $40 for 1.5m but it was enough to do a pot and a party keg with a little spare. I then got some straps from bunnings and it can be taken off and cleaned easily and doesnt mind a hit with a hose if you spill on it.

I use an Car windscreen sun protecter and an ocky strap. Made of bubble wrap and even has a bit that would normally be for your rear vision mirror but sits nicely with the keg tap poking out. All from a $2 shop and when i touch the outside of the insulation it's barley warm and the heats staying in.

Latest posts

Back