Kegging - Taps and fonts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdene

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new to kegging, about to get a keggerator from CB with their three font and taps but then saw this on eBay almost half the price of CB.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Triple-Three-Draught-Beer-Tap-Font-Fount-Tower-Keg-Home-Brew-Commercial-Pluto-/290912740212?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item43bbc02374

Looks the same and has the same description? Has anyone used these or got any advice.

They are also selling

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LONG-SHANK-TAP-DRAFT-HOME-BREW-BEER-KEG-FRIDGE-FAUCET-KEG-KEGERATOR-80mm-SHANK-/290919626456?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item43bc2936d8

Which I was looking at to put in the fridge in my shed, same as above, any good for occasional use or just cheap crap!

From memory, this seller is an on seller for keg king products… not that there is anything wrong with that just better to go to the source IMO

Cheers

IMHO you would have less problems with after-sales service, etc if you bought locally & it may be possible to do a deal of sorts if purchasing along with the keggerator.
You might like to have a think about getting better quality taps right from the start but that's up to you.

No affiliation yadda, yadda.

I've brought from this guy before without issue. In fact the goods he sells are shipped straight to tour address from keg king. It's easy and low fuss.

While the eBay guy has good prices, he has nothing on keg king in terms of quality of service or advice. If its just price you are comparing, don't forget to factor in shipping: I know that recently KK was doing free shipping on orders over $200 or something.

Should you buy from the eBay guy? He is a genuine seller, but It really depends on whether you value the advice that you get from keg king (which is brilliant, btw) and whether you're willing to pay a slight premium for it. For me it depends on what I'm buying: if it was something big I'd be more likely to go to KK.

thedragon said:
While the eBay guy has good prices, he has nothing on keg king in terms of quality of service or advice. If its just price you are comparing, don't forget to factor in shipping: I know that recently KK was doing free shipping on orders over $200 or something.
:icon_offtopic: KK has for quite sometime had free shipping to capital cities on > $200 orders.... at least 2 years I know of anyway.

Natdene said:
Hi all I'm new to kegging, about to get a keggerator from CB with their three font and taps but then saw this on eBay almost half the price of CB.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-Triple-Three-Draught-Beer-Tap-Font-Fount-Tower-Keg-Home-Brew-Commercial-Pluto-/290912740212?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item43bbc02374

Looks the same and has the same description? Has anyone used these or got any advice.

They are also selling

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LONG-SHANK-TAP-DRAFT-HOME-BREW-BEER-KEG-FRIDGE-FAUCET-KEG-KEGERATOR-80mm-SHANK-/290919626456?pt=AU_Barware&hash=item43bc2936d8

Which I was looking at to put in the fridge in my shed, same as above, any good for occasional use or just cheap crap!
I can confirm those taps are complete crap
mine corroded quite quickly and led to black gunk floating in my beer

I bought cheap flow control taps to start with. Didn't have any problems with them but they weren't the best pour. These would be fine to get you started for cheap but don't compare to good taps. I have Perlicks flow controls now and love them. Bought them from the US for about $45 each and $15 for good SS shanks. Delivery was steep ( didn't negotiate) but still worked out far cheaper than local options. All the other equipment I bought from CB and KK.

Can't comment on the font as I have fridge mounted taps.

Have you thought of buying just the one tap or a pluto gun to get started then upgrade to better taps? I've seen some quality fonts go for dirt cheap on this site too.

Agree that KK service and advice is fantastic. No affiliation except for being a repeat customer.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Went and spoke to the man him self yesterday. I will be getting the three tap font and keggerator from CB. After bottling 43l of stout on Tuesday night I can't wait to start kegging!

I'd see if you can get it minus the taps and get the perlick flow adj ones. I had issues with my original CB supplied taps, whilst they poured a beer I was never happy with it. The Perlick ones are 100% better.

Yes QldKev, Ross did say I can change the taps, about a extra $150 to go normal perlicks, dont know the extra $ for the perlick flow controls and I only have limited funds!!! I will have to think about it!

Latest posts

Back