Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd show off my latest project.
Been working on this for a couple of months now, and I'm very pleased with the final result. :D
Hope you like it.

Couple of front on shots.
Ethanandbar064.jpg

Ethanandbar065.jpg

Ethanandbar067.jpg

Internals.
Ethanandbar071.jpg

Built in temp control.
Ethanandbar066.jpg

Back view.
Ethanandbar072.jpg

For those with a keen eye, you may notice that the font is made from stormwater PVC fittings.
Hidden underneath is also a timber base with castors so I can move it around.

Let me know your thoughts. :D
Cheers.
Tim

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd show off my latest project.
Been working on this for a couple of months now, and I'm very pleased with the final result. :D
Hope you like it.

Couple of front on shots.
Ethanandbar064.jpg

Ethanandbar065.jpg

Ethanandbar067.jpg

Internals.
Ethanandbar071.jpg

Built in temp control.
Ethanandbar066.jpg

Back view.
Ethanandbar072.jpg

For those with a keen eye, you may notice that the font is made from stormwater PVC fittings.

Cheers.
Tim
Thats looks awesome puffer, I may have to do something similar with my keg freezer

Puff

Very effective looks the ducks nuts ,,,Very nice lookin unit, and four kegs to go

cheers
bjay

Great thinking with the 90mm pipe Tim. Is it sturdy enough as a mount for your taps? Looks bloody good.

OK - Here we go!
3 x perlick 575 ss creamer from the US
ordered 3" ss shanks and nipples... should have got the 4'' (slaps myself)... they're about 2mm too short once I screw on the ss nipples! would have been OK if they had the nipple on the shank, but these I had to screw on myself, so I lost about 1/2'' depth. SO I had to recess the locking nut on the inside of the collar - just another thing to make a relatively simple job more fiddly. Then I found out that the bits I had to drill out the holes for the shanks were too big for my drill's chuck. So I used san old hand turned brace drill with a larger chuck. What an effort, but got there in the end! And yes, I did it all while the collar was attached and fridge still running... I vacuumed my fridge of woodchips, and will get the rest out on the next clean..

I only got as far as putting the shanks through and quickly screwed on the taps to have a look. Not hooked up to the kegs as yet.

Sorry about the crappy phone pics, and these were taken at night, so are a bit dark..

JD
View attachment 40014 View attachment 40015View attachment 40016

I just picked up a Perlick 525ss this week, in but not connected. I've heard some good reviews about these taps. :beerbang:

Cheers.
Tim

Puffer, awesome work mate! I'm envious

I just picked up a Perlick 525ss this week, in but not connected. I've heard some good reviews about these taps. :beerbang:

Yeah mate - I got the creamer versions, I liked the idea of having the option of using that function if need be. I have yet to pull a beer through them yet, although i'm pulling a lemonade I made through the one on the end (a bit of an experiment).
SO havent got to fully try the creamer function. I was worred about being able to find the closed position, but at this stage with the lemonade, it seems to be sealing great.

oh and the fact that they are a work of art next to the brumby!

JD

Nice work puffer. I mounted my temp controller in a similar spot too. Did you hard wire it or do you have cords sitting on the inside?

IMO you should spray paint the grill covering the compressor with black paint.

How did you insulate the font?

Nice work puffer. I mounted my temp controller in a similar spot too. Did you hard wire it or do you have cords sitting on the inside?

IMO you should spray paint the grill covering the compressor with black paint.

How did you insulate the font?

Cheers Mark,
The controller is hardwired. Won't be hard to unwire if I decide to down/upgrade in future (unlikely).
I ummed and ahhed about the grill. I may end up painting it yet.
Font is uninsulated. Would only really work if you could cool it internally.
The best option would have been to cut two holes in the freezer lid and blow cold air through there.
Didn't want to do this though.
Realistically, there must be less than 20 ml of beer in each line that is exposed to the heat.
I often just throw away the first 20 - 30 ml of the first pour for the day.
I also regularly flush the lines with starsan.
Didn't think it would be too much of an issue.
Is it?

Hi guys

Once my wife went to Melbourne for a week I decided to start a new project. So went to Simon's place to start it, and been working on it since for the last weeks. Hope you like the result.

CDJ

Bar0.jpg

Bar01.jpg

Bar4.jpg

Bar12.jpg

Bar5.jpg

Hi guys

Once my wife went to Melbourne for a week I decided to start a new project. So went to Simon's place to start it, and been working on it since for the last weeks. Hope you like the result.

CDJ
Some quality workmanship there CDJ. :super:

Back