Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added another font to my keg fridge. 5 kegs and 5 taps now.

beer_font.JPG

image000iw4.jpg

my humble beginnings. Hopefully pick up the two kegs and gas next week. (I have 2 beers waiting in cubes in the fridge!)

Finally installed my new German flow control taps and got the drip tray off the floor :) .
Keg_Fridge.jpg

It's a bit squeezy in there but the images below show my shoehorning efforts. I cut out the ridges that the shelves slotted into to give 'just' enought room to squeeze the kegs in side by side.
Fridge_Internal_CU.jpgFridge_Internal.jpg

They look geat Doggiechap - top work :super:

cheers Ross

Doogie, nice handy work on the inside of the fridge, taps look really schmick as well.
:icon_cheers:
eric

finished my keg setup about 2 months ago and thought id show off proudly my bar.

ram___shackle_brewhaus_049.jpg

ram___shackle_brewhaus_050.jpg

im not much of a drawer but this is the name and design concept ive come up with

ram___shackle_brewhaus.jpg

id like to finish the design and get a sticker made for the front of the tin

cheers,dan

I like it dan... both the bar and the label!

I particularly like the simple interchangeable design of the label

Great setup Dan :super: . Are they Cobra's you have as the bookends? They look the sheeeit.
And a cool little label idea as well.
Well done all round
eric :icon_cheers:

thanks for all your great comments guys,nice to know other people like what you make!

the name "Ram & Shackle Brewhaus" came to me as i was makin the bar,as the wooden slab has a slight bow in it and a screwed up the drilled holes in the tin-meaning that it is on with the overlap the wrong way round. i thought to myself,everything i seem to make is a bit ramshackle-then slowly the idea light turned on!

i also have an idea for bar stools too but this is the wrong time of the year to be spending money on anything but the missus!!!
50L beer holding vessels with an MDF board coverred in red vinyl and screwed to the thing that holds the spear in place
perfect hight to lean on the bar,and keeps well with the theme of australiana

cheers,dan

finished my keg setup about 2 months ago and thought id show off proudly my bar.

View attachment 16609

cheers,dan

That is very similar to my Christmas project.

I was looking at using that marble look material they use in kitchens for the top, although getting a nice piece of wood like you have done is not hard when you live in the mallee.

I am going for the corrugated iron look with timber framing and if it all turns out OK a similar federation style font.

I will also have room for my UK beer engine to be mounted on the bar top and plumbed up properly.

Danman you bar looks very good.

hi doogiechap where did you get those taps from they look the goods
cheers paul

G'day Paul,
I got these from ebay here.
All up they were about $90 each with 3" shanks and (including freight). If I had spent more time and perhaps got Zwickel to do some more German Translation I would have got the correct seal kit ;) . It did take a while for it all to happen but I am very happy with the product (and service). I grabbed a chrome one for Pistolpatch who discovered they also have creamers as well :super: .
Cheers
Doug

G'day Paul,
I got these from ebay here.
All up they were about $90 each with 3" shanks and (including freight). If I had spent more time and perhaps got Zwickel to do some more German Translation I would have got the correct seal kit ;) . It did take a while for it all to happen but I am very happy with the product (and service). I grabbed a chrome one for Pistolpatch who discovered they also have creamers as well :super: .
Cheers
Doug
thanks for that, so are they stainless and that shank pictured is what came with it and it's 3 inches long. what is the seal kit for ?
cheers paul

thanks for that, so are they stainless and that shank pictured is what came with it and it's 3 inches long. what is the seal kit for ?
cheers paul

No, not stainless but plated brass they do have a SK rating (food safe). The shank length is selectable when you order. The seal kit was intended to service them in a few years if and when they get a bit drippy. The brand is Hi Wi and here is their site (albeit via a Google Translation).
Cheers
Doug

doogiechap, that is some ace plumbing. nice work!

wondering about your fridge/freezer though,

you've got your kegs at the back sitting above the ones in front. did you build a second level to accomodate this? my freezer has a slope so that it cuts off floor space on the bottom to make room for the compressor. there is a shelf above that, but this cuts out vertical space. having a second level like that would be useful.

also for anyone, and this has probably been asked before, how do you go about drilling through a freezer to get your taps/gas line through. i suppose the door is no risk for taps, but dont want to run my gas line through the front door. thanks.
joe

Just drill a small hole through the plastic inside of the fridge and poke around inside with a screwdriver before you drill right through to check to see that there is no wires or gas lines in the way.

thanks paul,

and i guess some grommets around the gas line will do for insulation/protection.

No, not stainless but plated brass they do have a SK rating (food safe). The shank length is selectable when you order. The seal kit was intended to service them in a few years if and when they get a bit drippy. The brand is Hi Wi and here is their site (albeit via a Google Translation).
Cheers
Doug
hi doug if i do decide to buy some taps from them i'll contact you about the right seal kit and i can grab some for you as well if you need them.
cheers paul

Back