Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats turned out orsum warren.....do I see room for some more celitaps? ;)

Devo... Probably a bit of Celli birth-control at the moment. Be tempting to chuck another two on somewhere up the track. Hence the reason for the close spacing. B)

Warren -

not quite at 'keg setup' stage, but ive got the chest freezer and will start making the alterations.

its 1.7m long and I would hate/love to think about how many keg I can fit in this bad boy. only cost me $100 too. Im wrapped!

PS thats a 750ml bottle in the bottom just to give it some scale

EDIT: Had a look and its 670L capacity, 700L total volume.

28112007.jpg

28112007_001_.jpg

Mate! thats is rocking. Easy 8 kegs if not 10! polish it up and mad it look mad...:8

yep cant wait to get to work on it. But for now the only work im going to do is to start on your caseswap Kolsch!

Just for the edification of old fat men like me (and a lot of skinny bastards out there too) I know the difference between a freezer and a fridge. When you convert a freezer for a keg system, are you merely limiting the time the freezer runs or are you increasing the temperature output )(?) of the freezer to stop things freezing ?

....just limiting the time it runs :)

Cheers Ross

yup. going to attach a fridgemate to regulate on/off time according to temp. theres a good thread at the moment about how chest freezers are supposedly cheaper to run as fridges than a fridge is.

Ross Im hoping Santa is going to be calling you to help me fill this baby up.

Hmmm, in your second photo the frost is showing where the cooling coils are.
I've read heaps of posts where people recommend fitting a collar instead of drilling into chest freezers, atleast now you know where you can safely drill!
Will have to remember this when I get a chesty.

im going to put a collar on it to get around that problem.

im going to put a collar on it to get around that problem.

Sorry, I meant you can now drill between the coils, now that you know where they are.
Just figured it would lead to a neater setup.

Thank you. Wondered big time, just now pissed enough to ask :D

so in theroy..if you worked out the intervals to turn the frezer on and off you could buy a simple timer and achive the same result? (also pissed...)

yeah i got what u meant i just dont trust the missus not to turn around and tell me that I have to give it up as a keg setup.

CM2. Ah, well that makes sense... hide it :D

Yep Fents, it would work, but if its set right for a 20deg day, wrong on a 35deg day.

so in theroy..if you worked out the intervals to turn the frezer on and off you could buy a simple timer and achive the same result? (also pissed...)

Yeah, its been done. I've seen something on the interweb with a guy using a $2 24hr timer to control his keg freezer. Problem is the changing ambient temp outside like Simon W said so you need to contstantly calibrate and adjust it. It also takes a long time to reach equilibium again if you open the door/lid and let all the "coldness" out.

CM2. Ah, well that makes sense... hide it :D

Yep Fents, it would work, but if its set right for a 20deg day, wrong on a 35deg day.

knew there would be a flaw in my beer induced theory ;)

I'm finally building my kegerator, so far its just going to be two chrome celli's. (starting small).

However my keg fridge is out the back, the main coils of it are protected by the elements due to an eve. but the front of it is going to be exposed.

Anyone else in this situation? If so what do you do to protect your investment?

Tell your wife to stop whinging and move it into the lounge.

she is a fiance so I'm still in the dress to impress mode :D

gotta lock her in first

Haha fair enough.

How far is the overhang of the eves, it sounds like you've got about a foot of eves over the fridge. If the rain is coming in on a heavy angle then it'll probably get all over the fridge and in the back. Maybe you'll have to extend the verandah

Back