Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't tell from the pic whether you had sealed up the inside of the fridge door where you cut it to get the taps through.

No I have not but it might be a job to put on the to do list. Thanks <_<

That's the first time I've seen beer line go from the fridge to the freezer like that.
Works ok? I would have thought the beer line would freeze.

I had a related problem with my setup. I balanced my system a few weeks back, just before a party at my place. I used 6mm line, so needed lots of it. I intended to coil it up neatly beneath a shelf that I have near the top of the fridge, attached with those little twisty wire things, but ran out of time, so just let it sit in a spaghetti knot on the top shelf (right next to the element).

Through the night, the taps would block up, and then would come good again after some time fiddling with everything. I couldn't work out why both taps would block at the same time, and how random fiddling was fixing it. :unsure:

kegfridge.jpg

This is my old girl. She's in need of a desperate clean because she hasn't been used for 6 months, but she'll have a keg in her next week with any luck. She's tucked in the corner at the moment because we just moved house, but I'll get her out on the weekend and put her drip tray back on and giver her a good polish ready for service.

Getting close to finishing my setup! Have only got one tap hooked up so far, got 2 of the taps off ebay and they didnt come with a beer line connect! Very happy with it though.
62d3_1.jpg

fridgepaint.jpg

fridgefinished.jpg

fridgeopen.jpg

fridgeside.jpg

Captaincleanoff,
VERY VERY nice, excellent work, amazing what a bit of imagination can do!
Cheers,
15BL :D

Where did u get the Neon from?

Captaincleanoff, Yeh it'll do for a ruff set up I s'pose

:icon_drool2:

:super:

damn nice kegerator setups around here, gets me envious :)

@Vlad, boooodiful website you have, top work mate, love it :wub:

I want one. Im surprised that he didnt put wheels on it so that you can open the lid.

Just got my new serving fridge up and running. Old one died a few weeks ago. :(

It's a 250 litre chest freezer. Brand new from DEC Electronics. Cost me $450 with a warranty. Collar and taps are fitted so as not to void the warranty. It can hold six kegs and has room for glasses, hops, yeast etc.

Happy with the outcome. Now I've just got to find a way to mount the drip tray in an orderly manner.

30 minutes and counting before she pulls her first beer. :icon_cheers:

Warren -

DSC02582.JPG

DSC02580.JPG

DSC02584.JPG

Just got my new serving fridge up and running. Old one died a few weeks ago. :(

It's a 250 litre chest freezer. Brand new from DEC Electronics. Cost me $450 with a warranty. Collar and taps are fitted so as not to void the warranty. It can hold six kegs and has room for glasses, hops, yeast etc.

Happy with the outcome. Now I've just got to find a way to mount the drip tray in an orderly manner.

30 minutes and counting before she pulls her first beer. :icon_cheers:

Warren -

Lovely Warren,keep it topped up and I will be there in January! :chug:

C&B
TDA

Warren,

That's the most professional looking collar I've ever seen! I'm used to seeing unpainted 2x4 lumber collars. Yours appears from the picture to be plastic? Is that right? If you made it yourself, how did you make it, and what did you make it out of? Fantastic!

Lovely Warren,keep it topped up and I will be there in January! :chug:

C&B
TDA

:lol: Thanks TDA. Best I get brewing.

Warren,

That's the most professional looking collar I've ever seen! I'm used to seeing unpainted 2x4 lumber collars. Yours appears from the picture to be plastic? Is that right? If you made it yourself, how did you make it, and what did you make it out of? Fantastic!

Newguy

It's just 90 x 35mm pine. 3 Coats of white oil-based enamel. I was lucky, scored the pine as offcuts for $2 per 1.8 metre length. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Warren -

Back