Kegging Cabonation Method

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benno-5

Reaction score
What method does everyone use to carbonate their brews once in the keg?

I use 100kpa co2 conected through the beer out post once a day for 4 days. I rock the keg 100 time when conected each day. I have found that on the 5th day (tap the keg day and drink its contents) it is a little flat and then over the next couple of days it becomes more gassy (obsorbing more gas when its connected to the gas bottle). I migh try doing this procedure for 6 day rather than 4.

whats you method?

fill, chill, gas to 300kpa and shake the shit out of it. gassed in 5 minutes. why wait?

I gas reg "messer" from grain and grape can go that high. Although it does show 300kpa I turn it to full and it only goes a little over 150kpa.

With this method, what pressure do you pour at? After shaking the shit out of it do you release the pressure down to say 100 for pouring or is it obsorbed therefore reducing the pressure

fill, chill, gas to 300kpa and shake the shit out of it. gassed in 5 minutes. why wait?

I gas reg "messer" from grain and grape can go that high. Although it does show 300kpa I turn it to full and it only goes a little over 150kpa.

With this method, what pressure do you pour at? After shaking the shit out of it do you release the pressure down to say 100 for pouring or is it obsorbed therefore reducing the pressure
G'dayBenno-5, the amount of gas you need will depend on beer style...etc. If you use the search fuction there is a good thread called the Ross method. On the GnG website there is a page on how to gas your beer quickly. :D

Latest posts

Back