Keg Welding - Eastern Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbod

Reaction score
I've got three 50L kegs prepped for welding for a 3v gravity system (for now).
Holes cut in the tops and cleaned up, stainless fittings (sockets, ball valves etc..) all standing by.

• 2 holes in HLT (Ball Valve out, Thermometer/Sight Gauge)
  • 3 holes in MLT (Ball Valve out, Thermometer, Mash return nr. top)
  • 2 holes in BK (Ball Valve out, Thermometer)

I figure I can use a small 4th vessel if I should want to upgrade to HERMS-type system at a later date.

I don't weld so I'm about to hit random Gumtree listings to find a welder prepared to make me some nice clean welds for these 7 sockets, and possibly use some leftover S/S tubing to put something near top of HLT to hang an Immersion Heater off and maybe some kind of S/S lid for the MLT.

Can anyone recommend a S/S welder prepared to visit Eastern Sydney, or better yet is anyone a qualified welder up for the challenge? I'm happy to pay the going rates, (plus beer!) but would be happier dealing with someone recommended/who had some experience of Homebrew setups to make it a 5* job.

Cheers. :icon_cheers:

dbod,

theres a engineering firm next door to ESB at peakhurst that has done welding before for ESB Repairing kegs etc maybe give them a call.

last time i asked the ESB staff i think they said the going rate to cut down a corny keg from 18 to 9 litres, welding etc was around $40.

no affiliation etc

hope this help and they can help

cheers

pj

Back