Keg Seals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyedwards

Reaction score
I am about to put my kegs back together after cleaning and removing old seals. I was told by one of the boys at work to get some lube from the homebrew store... would vaseline do the same job on the seals?

Not really a good idea to use Vaseline, it can over time perish some types of rubber and it does have a flavour.
Proper food grade lube (there are several on the market) is not going to eat you seals, is odourless, flavourless non floating (bits dont disperse on/in to the beer and kill the head), remains an effective lube well below freezing and a tube you will lose before you use it up costs around $10 most places.
Available from plumbing suppliers, good hardware stores and of course all good home brews shops.
MHB

I also use sex lube on my kegs, its non toxic and cheap.

hi, if you know a nurse he/she may be able to get packets of the stuff used for throat tubes. one packet will do a whole keg

I also use sex lube on my kegs, its non toxic and cheap.

I'm just about to clean my kegs and I was just wondering if anyone else used this haha

So, no reason not to just use generic "personal" lubricant? It's probably all I've got access to before the weekend!

Its supposed to be used on Pressure Relief Valves... but I find it works better on Poppits

Back