Keg Question - Black Marks Everywhere...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haggy05

Reaction score
Hi
I am after some advice. I have recently purchased some kegs from a long time brewer. Given the age of the kegs the black rubber handles etc leave black marks everywhere. Your hands are left black after carrying the kegs, towels are left black after drying the kegs.

Wondering if any has a cure for "sealing" or rectifying the dreaded black handle issues?

Thanks
Chris

one of mine done that but seems to be good now I did nothing. Maybe its from not being used or handled and a layer must get soft or something not sure but I have not noticed it lately.

Harden up, princess. :p

I bought my first two kegs and the black stuff came onto the bath (where they were cleaned) and my hands.

If you don't like it, go back to bottling.

Goomba

I bought my first two kegs and the black stuff came onto the bath (where they were cleaned) and my hands.

Goomba

Don't panic prince. I'm hard enough just looking for a solution to a problem that is a pain in the ass. Thought it might of been a simple cure.

Goomba
Bathing your kegs ey tough guy? :lol:

If you just give them a bit of a clean with napisan and a rag, theyll leach black stuff everywhere, then it wont be too bad therafter.

I'd be tempted to hit em with the pressure washer on fan to see if you could take off the outer layer of the drier perrished rubber. Try a small section first. Apart from that I remember some hairspray like crap that we used to use in art in highschool to spay on charcoal drawings to seal them and stop them smudging... Dunno..but could also have protential.

Hirns

Back