Keg, Not Bottles!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How kegged are you?

• No. I only bottle my brews and that's fine with me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bottle at the moment and it sh!ts me to tears, so I'm kegging soon.

• I keg a few & bottle a few to mature or give to friends.

• 100% keg all my beer.

• Total voters

tangent

Reaction score
I just grabbed my 2nd keg from Andale. It's nice and shiny :D
I'm only bottling my high alc% Belgian inspired Ales in punt bottles to mature and 500ml or smaller bottles to give away.
I had a chat with the grey ghost in Andale and he said they just got 2 containers of kegs in, which equates to something like ~3,000 kegs! Also a lot were covered in a pile of mould that grew during transit and that some kegs were still half full of syrup. (give your new keg a good clean just in case)

The number of people on this site who are now kegging really does astound me. Even the newbies are kegging their k&k brews.

So what's the go? Is everyone moving to kegging and BOC are going to make a killing :ph34r: ?
Or are there people that still bottle and wouldn't have it any other way? :chug:

i keg all of my beer. too lazy to bottle atm.
i will start bottling my beers once i get all my ag gear sorted. (thats not far off ;) )

I'm a keg 90%, bottle 10% type guy. Typical batch is a keg plus a few tallies and corona bottles.

Only exceptions are strong ales, but I did just keg a mead which I thought was probably too strong to ever get to carbonate. On tap as highly carbonated sparkling mead it is excellent!

I keg the lot now.

If I need a few bottles to take somewhere I just fill them from the keg :D

PZ.

do you mean home made tyre valve caps CW?

ok
i'm using pub style snaplock fittings, so I can purchase the occasional fancy beer and run it through my lines. i think they're adding to the cost of a keg (~$140) but i used to dream about having te occasional guest appearance by Coopers Pale (mmmm freshly krausened) or Leffe Blond.
although i know now, there's a good chance of swapping a keg with a fellow homebrewer and not having compatible ball locks <_<

I bottle all my brews. I really enjoy drinking a beer out of a stubbie or a tallie, but I guess the main reason is that while SWMBO tolerates my HB obsession, she won't go the for the kegs.

cheers

nifty

I need a different voting option.
I'm bottling because i have to, its just not possible to set up a kegging system with my living arrangements at the moment. I have no problems with bottling, as i drink alot of my beer on the fly (away from home).
But, when i get a house of my own i will be setting up a bar and kegging system.
So.... you need a fifth option for people who bottle because of constraints, i'm sure there would be a few.

I keg probably 98% of my beers, mainly because I'm lazy but also because I prefer beer on tap.
The only time I ever bottle is if there is a litre or 2 left in the fermenter or if I put down a larger batch to reculture yeast later on.
If I didn't keg, I wouldn't brew. I HATE bottling! :angry:

I'm with KoNG

I have to bottle as i don't have room in my place for a keg setup. I can bearly fit my fermenters in.

I store my bottle in various places whereever i have space

i keg and bottle.i like to have some to take out with me now and again however if i scored a few of those rare 3 gallon kegs then my bottling would diminish even more so.the family is almost complete -50l 22l 18l missing 3l.
cheers
big d

tangent said:
maybe you fit the 2nd option Kong?
[post="106181"][/post]​

Not really, because bottling doesnt really shit me... its part of the process and i'm fine with it.. :D BUT, i would like to keg aswell :(
i'm somewhere in between 1 and 2 i guess ;)

I'm the same as Kong, none of the choices are quite right.

Bottling doesn't really suck. I'd probably rather keg for ease and convenience. Buuuuut, kegging is really not possible at the moment for space reasons. :(

I bottle only what i cant squeeze into a keg. Might need to make a couple of those pressure sprayer party kegs then i wont have to bottle at all.

:beer:
Richard

Those carbonater doovits look good too

i went slowly through 1-4
i'm bordering on 3 going on 4 now :)
i think it's a natural progression

bottle a triple brew in 330ml bottles with nothing at the right height, ie capper on floor, and believe me, bottling will sh!t you to tears!
edit - maybe i should have labeled #2 : "i'm loving bottled beer but wish jolly old Santa would drop off some kegs, gas bottles & reg as well" i spose polls are like that, we never put a "i don't like any of them" option. (election coming up)

I'm trying to stockpile magnum bottles so i have to wash, fill and cap a minimum amount of bottles as possible.

I Bottle many & keg a few. Moving to all keg when I get through these 2000 odd brand new 375mL stubbies

Back