Keg King gas line splitters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 of those, but have not used them yet,as I also bought a gas manifold.
Actually those plastic gas splitters came in a big box of stuff that I bought online, but I'm sure I'll have use for them soon, although for higher numbers of multiple lines, surely it provides more potential fail points.

Into how many outputs are you splitting the gas line?

The club font uses those for the gas line, they are ok and seem to seal fine, but as they rotate it all tends to get a bit all splayed out.

They should be ok with those barbs in it, but don't even bother putting beer line or pvc tube straight into the push ins. Ive had kk push ins and they do nothing but leak. I suspect this is why they now come with barbs in them

I've got these on mine. Had them for years and no issues. I've got 4 joined directly together using the barbs, and then used the barbs for the gas line as well.

pist said:
They should be ok with those barbs in it, but don't even bother putting beer line or pvc tube straight into the push ins. Ive had kk push ins and they do nothing but leak. I suspect this is why they now come with barbs in them
Different units. Those ones have never been designed to be used without the barbs as a direct line push in.

The blue and white ones can break if handled roughly in a tangle, but leaks are very rare from the unit body.

nosco said:
Has anyone tried the keg King gas line splitters? The ball valves on my manifold are giving me grief so I am thinking of giving them a try. I've had a quick look at individual parts but couldn't find JG 8mm gas valves. I'm not sure if the KK ones are using gas valves though.

http://kegking.com.au/co2-cylinders/gas-line-splitters.html
I've got 2x units (so you get 3x gas disconnects out of the bottle) with 3x check valves and gas line connected with Oetiker stepless clamps I no longer need that I was going to put up for sale soon. PM me if interested!

Stainless steel stepless clamps for hose barbs, ensure better pressure around the barb by not pinching the hose, ie. Less chance of leaks. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1446424560.658374.jpg

If they're like any of the push fittings or QDs I've received from Keg King then I wouldn't trust it to not leak... The genuine JG fittings cost a bit more but never had any issues with my splitter.

fdsaasdf said:
If they're like any of the push fittings or QDs I've received from Keg King then I wouldn't trust it to not leak... The genuine JG fittings cost a bit more but never had any issues with my splitter.
I was hoping I could get the JG bits off RS online. Some off em you get 5-10 for the same price as 1 from a hb shop. But I'm not always sure it's the right part.

nosco said:
I was hoping I could get the JG bits off RS online. Some off em you get 5-10 for the same price as 1 from a hb shop. But I'm not always sure it's the right part.
There are quite a few options from HBS that ship from overseas - I bought 10x JG joiners shipped off Amazon US for the price of 1 locally, and that was with the AUD at 0.75USD!

You lose any savings you might thing you are getting with the loss of one full gas bottle.

don't go cheap on your connections is my recommendation, I did at the start and was lucky that I heard the leak every time I closed or opened my keg fridge the lines would move and I would hear a short spurt of gas, I quickly swapped them out.

Have a look at this link below

http://www.fullpint.com.au/brands/John-Guest.html

Ive already lost a bit of gas on the ball valves that come with the manifolds even after changing them so keen to try something else. You can get all the fittings from RS online for cheaper except for the taps which they dont sell. Plus the blue and white 5/16 ones that alot of hb shops are selling are only supposed to be for liquid. The gas ones dont come in 5/16 size. But im not sure if that makes a difference since they seem to be the ones on the KK splitters.

Cost is an issue atm but I have only had a quick look.

I used John Guest push fittings on my camping keg setup and don't trust them on permanently as they still leak. The KK splitters seal is on the metal barb and the gas line is clamped onto the other side of the barb. Found them more leak tight than Straight tube into John Guest fittings.

I believe a lot of it has to do with the gas line quality used in JG fittings. The thicker tha wall the better the chance the push fitting can bite into it. Thinner walls like standard 5mm ID 8mm OD deform into an ovality type shape and leak that way. The KK with metal barbs have metal to bite into which is harder to deform.

I personally for gas try and use barbed fittings exclusively but lower quality manifolds as per the OPs experience can be just as bad, if not more difficult to troubleshoot.

Like anything the time and effort you put into assembly and due care, inspection and maintenance will deem how leak free your system is as opposed to just what bits of kit you purchased. My 2c

Latest posts

Back