Keg King Gas Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manson81

Reaction score
Hey guys

Anybody used the keg king gas burners? $130 for the burner on a stand and a high pressure reg.

I'm just about finished my Biab rig and basically just need the burner now and trying to work out what to get.

Was going to get a 3 ring cast iron job from anaconda and Mount it into an old wheel like I've seen a few of you do, but I don't have the tools to do so.

Any suggestions or comments on the keg king one are appreciated!

Grrr, seems that didn't work. Trying the image again, from the computer!!

Screenshot_2014-01-15-13-27-40.png

I found this item last week, Keen on getting some feedback also

I've got a 3-ring burner that i use with a standard regulator and whatever i can find around the house to set up a sturdy stand to brew on.

I've found it to be just acceptable, however it does take a long time for my 35L batches to get up to mashing or boiling temperature. I've been thinking of looking around for an adjustable gas regulator to see if this would improve it or not. (The burner air inlets are already at max).

So without using the kegking burner it looks like a decent price for what you get and will most likely do the job pretty good.

if you want to go with the cheaper option of the 3-ring burner, be prepared to spend most of your brewing time waiting for the pot to get up to temperature. usually it takes 6-8 hours for me to get from setting up, filling the pot and turning on the burner to emptying into fermenter and clean up.

SNippets said:
I've got a 3-ring burner that i use with a standard regulator and whatever i can find around the house to set up a sturdy stand to brew on.

I've found it to be just acceptable, however it does take a long time for my 35L batches to get up to mashing or boiling temperature. I've been thinking of looking around for an adjustable gas regulator to see if this would improve it or not. (The burner air inlets are already at max).

So without using the kegking burner it looks like a decent price for what you get and will most likely do the job pretty good.

if you want to go with the cheaper option of the 3-ring burner, be prepared to spend most of your brewing time waiting for the pot to get up to temperature. usually it takes 6-8 hours for me to get from setting up, filling the pot and turning on the burner to emptying into fermenter and clean up.
+1 - I don't want to upgrade my reg (from BBQ) on 3 ring burner as I plan to go electric eventually, but my brew days are 6hrs+ due to waiting. If my hot water service was not from the stone age I'd fill my strike water up from the hot water tap to save time!

I wish I was handy enough to fabricate a metal shroud for the keggle to make the heating more efficient.

My local Country Brewer outlet has one in shop
It looks like a pretty nice unit, might have to convince him to use it next time we do a brew day with the Coffs brew club

I got one a couple of months back and am really happy with it. It gives anything from a gentle boil to a wort volcano at the turn of a knob. It should suit most sizes of brew kettles and keggles my current one is a 46L, 40cm diameter pot and I still need to use a heat shield to protect the valve. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1389780993.860379.jpg

I'm in the process of making a keggle to brew 10 gallon batches and it also sits on really nicely. To date I've never had to crank the regulator wide open to achieve my desired results. It is bringing 23L of wort form mash out temp approx 70c to boil in ten or so minutes I am constantly entertained at the speed at which the temperature gauge rises.

My only beef is that the stand (which is nice and sturdy) has not been coated with flame retardant/proof paint it burns off over the first couple of uses and doesn't cause any real issue but given its a burner I would have thought it was a really silly oversight by the manufacturer. Hope it helps

Ed

I have the variable gas thingo and it cranks - 45 off Litres when I finish running off and I am running off quickly!

No complaints here ...

If you're not sure about it I've got a brand new still in the box rambo burner with hose and reg you can have for $120. I have no trouble doing 25 lt up to 120 Lt batches with it. I bought 2 thinking I'd use one for my hlt but ended up going electric on that so I could set a timer and have it up to temp for a pre breakfast mash in.

I have one and it can put out a lot of heat. I have done some some pretty big batches with it (at the swap meet we were able to boil ~170L with it)

Depending on the size of your batches it may be over kill. However the regulator it comes with enables really fine control over the amount of gas supplied so you will probably need bugger all gas to do small batches and it may be worth it. It will also enable you to bring your wort to the boil really quick and then dial it back to save time on brew day.

The stand it comes with it decent but not the highest quality. Mine has a very slight angle and the first time I used it a lot of the paint burnt off. Having said that it can take a lot of weight and has served me well.

I have one and I think for the money it is a solid unit. Make sure you burn it off before you use it, That shit really stinks! do it out side for sure... Once it's burnt off though all good.

I bought one through country brewer. The stand is sturdy and puts out a good amount of heat. As mentioned the paint burns off and it will smell of burnt paint for the first few uses. Managed to get 3 full batches out of an 8.5kg tank. (All grain boiling and water for mashing) finish isn't that great. Air intake plate doesn't sit snuggly on mine. Took some fiddling to keep flame going in a breeze and need will be getting a windshield soon. This is Chinese made. Overall it was a good deal with the regulator included

Ended up buying the ibrew one from my link above. Stupidly I didn't ask if it was the keg king one. But they gave me 10 buck delivery so should arrive early next week.

First AG next weekend! Pretty excited!

That's the keg king one for sure.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

OK, so my burner has arrived today. I got it off the local reseller rather than direct from keg king as the postage was only $10 bucks.

It didn't come with any assembly instructions however. Can any of the guys who have got one let me know if this stainless plate in the picture is meant to have some kind of rubber seal around it? Just doesn't seem like it will seal at all which seems a bit dangerous? Or is suppose to be like that and even used open?? I wasn't sure of the order of assembly either so I went plate on, spring on the little regulator connector then screwed that into the cast iron.

IMG_20140121_172215.jpg

I dont have one, but it looks like an air adjustor to let more or less air into the mix. Id say it needs to go on there and you spin it to adjust the outer holes.

Yep that's pretty much it apparently! I haven't used this sort of burner before so just wasn't sure. All sorted.

Taking it for a test boil tonight (mainly to make sure my keggle is sealed properly)

There's no seal just the spring on the regulator insert that keeps tension on it. It I don't bother messing with it I just leave it wide open and adjust with the regulator knob itself.

Back