Keg King 4mmx8mm beer and gas line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I recently purchased a 30m roll of this beer line to use with MFL fittings on my kegs and I have been unable to get a leak proof fit with both genuine JG fittings and also with keg king push in fittings. I have tried re-cutting the line with a pipe cutter (dead straight) and also using a bit of keg lube with no success. The joins to the fittings are straight on. I used Valpar Flexmaster with the same push in fittings with no problem at all. I'm thinking that this could be inferior tubing causing the problem. What are everyone's Thoughts? Has anyone had a similar problem with this tubing?

Cheers

Foxie

Hi Foxie, using both products from KK and found cutting the tube with a sharp knife with a flat edge on one side of the blade (chef knife style) has worked best as it leaves no deformation on the end of the tube.
Lube end and push on to fittings hard past the stainless steel ring, then pull tube back to ensure the seal. I have 5 lines connect this way, no leaks.
Cheers

I've had no issues with KK tube, but with their push fittings i've had plenty... had to replace all the KK push fits with JG or other know industrial brands.

I had the same issue some years ago with their 4mmID tubing. Now I go to Andale and get the good stuff.

I haven't had any issues with the 5mmx8mm tube, but have had issues with the joiners.

I've had issues with the 5mmx8mm tube being rock hard and a pain to work with - but it has eventually sealed (with everything but a KK push fitting).

grott said:
Hi Foxie, using both products from KK and found cutting the tube with a sharp knife with a flat edge on one side of the blade (chef knife style) has worked best as it leaves no deformation on the end of the tube.
Lube end and push on to fittings hard past the stainless steel ring, then pull tube back to ensure the seal. I have 5 lines connect this way, no leaks.
Cheers
Hey Grott, that's exactly what i've been doing but after having a closer inspection of the tubing it appears the line has a scratch along the entire length of the tube- i'm thinking it has to be the tubing because the fittings work perfectly with andale tubing. I contacted KK and they are sending me a brand new reel of tubing and have assured me there are no manufacturing faults with the new real so i'm hoping the issue will be resolved with the new tubing.

Foxie

Moad said:
Yep kk sent barbed fittings to replace push ones LOL
Hey Moad

That's what they offered me as well haha. But i told them I want tubing I can use with push in fittings so they send me another reel at no cost which was good of them. So fingers crossed this new tubing doesn't leak!

Black n Tan said:
I had the same issue some years ago with their 4mmID tubing. Now I go to Andale and get the good stuff.
Yep, was kicking myself I didn't do the same! In the past I have used their 5x8mm super flexmaster- great stuff and no leaks whatsoever. If KK's replacement reel still leaks as well i'll be sending it back and going to Andale.

Back