Keg Help!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juddy

Reaction score
After finally completing the brewery, the time has come for the giant leap from bottling to kegging. Much research and hunting around has left me with several questions for my first set-up! I am interested in the Centrex range of chest freezers. They are cheap, have good energy ratings and hopefully will last long enough to be of decent value. If I am looking at a basic 2 keg set-up to begin with, will a 150lt chest freezer be large enough? If this question is as difficult too answer as I suspect it might, what keg diameter and height would I expect to see for most homebrew set-up's? I'm new to kegging and as yet don't even have a keg to measure or take to the shop! Finally, what is the best source of keg equipment in or around Melbourne?

As always, eternally grateful for any input

Juddy

G'day Juddy,welcome to the forum. Standard kegs are 210 mm wide and approx 620 mm high. Good deals from G&G on kegs, check their web site. Smallest freezers will normally fit 2 kegs, but now that you're well and truly on the slippery slope may I suggest a slightly larger frezer ? :D
PS. Do you happen to work at a 24 hour place in Hallam ?

Cheers razz, and yes...
Thanks for the dimensions. Already have the temp controller so purely in the market for a frezzer unit. I know I'll regret the smaller unit, but I also want it semi protable, at least be able to move it around the house.
Thanks again

Stay clear from Centrex. Bought a $600 washing machine of theirs last year. It didn't last 10 months. Was crap from the start, customer service non existant. They did eventually fix it. Tried to trade it in, one shop refused to accept it as trade, even for nothing.... caveat emptor.

Back