Keg height including disconnects 19l Corny

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garage_life

Reaction score
Afternoon, I just scored a little chest freezer from hard refuse day, plugged her in and she's running like corn through a goose!
Have my eye on 2 19l Cornys on fleabay, maximum use able height without modification in the chest is 640mm. Can probably modify the inner lid and get another 20mm if needed.

Question is, am I going to be able to fit kegs in there with the disconnects on? (I don't have any kegging gear as yet) I'm assuming the keg heights are 630mm.

Can anyone give me the dimension of how night the disconnect sits proud of the top of the keg please?

I'm waiting to get the measurements from the seller as I believe their are CCA 19l the are 560ish and slightly wider.

Cheers!

yo, if you put a collar on a chesty you can have any reasonable height you want.
word to the wise, get the cornys and google keezer, enjoy!

if you are set on no mods you will need to tell us what disconnects you want to use.

Last edited:
You need a minimum 675mm with standard disconnects so that beer line is not touching the lid
will be slightly less if using 90 degree stainless steel disconnects but still more than 640mm

Also consider before committing to a buy is that corny kegs come in various heights.
Only the shortest ones (the older Coca Cola kegs) fit into my kegerator. I built it to another keg design that you cant buy anymore. :rolleyes:

Yeah +1 for the timber collar suggestion. If designed well (like mine is ;)) they can slide right on top without being permanently fixed and the only modification being unscrewing the lid hinges and attaching them to the timber. If you add enough height you may be able place kegs on the compressor hump also.

Latest posts

Back