Keg Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisho

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm new to this site and hoping to get some helpful tips.
I want to start doing my brewing in kegs so i have just aquired a fridge and was wondering what i need to get it up and running? I want to run two kegs and have two taps and be able to run them at the same time. And is there any special trick to drilling out the holes in the front of the fridge like putting silicon around the hole to stop leaking cold air? and any other tips.

thanks for any help offered

bisho

I just drilled a pilot hole then drilled a bigger hole to get the taps in, for the gas line that goes in the side I just drilled a hole about 1 mm too big then wrapped the gasline up in electrical tape and pulled that part through to make it a snug fit.

My taps have quite a large flange on the front so no cold air leaks our around it. On the inside I just used a big hole saw to get the holes in the inside lining to fit the tap shanks.

Where about are you located? I'm sure there are some Aussie home brewers out there that'll be willing to lend a hand.

Hi thanks for your tips i'm lacated near Canberra

bisho

Hey mate, easy as pie.

First thing is to make sure you unplugged the fridge from mains power!!!

I used a Spade drill piece. Mainly used in timber but the works well for the fridge. Find one slighty bigger then your shank and mark out on your fridge where you want your taps. Keep in mind also where abouts on the inside of the fridge they will poke out. You dont want them hitting the tops of kegs or shelving.

Drill the holes till you see the first part of the drill poke out the other end then drill from that side in.

With your gas lines you can use a T-piece to split them or get a gas reg with 2 controllers. I use a t-piece.

thats setting the fridge cosmetically and for beer drinking.

The next part I did was to put a thermostat controller on my fridge as it runs a little cold. But you may not have till.

Some people have drip trays. I just use a bucket on the floor. I will get one eventually. The dog likes drinking the dreggs.

There are other videos you can watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back