keg fridge temp ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphstralph

Reaction score
just wonder what temp i should set my keg fridge to for serving temp ? i have a chest freezer converted. i currently have it set at 5.5 but if i set it any lower the outside walls start to freeze alittle not sure if this will freeze my beer :blink:

I have mine set to turn on at 3 degrees and off at 2. It usually drops after it turns off again to about half a degree.

It depends how cold you like your beer. I prefer 7-12 for most of mine. Too cold and the beer has no character.
Needs to be sub zero for the beer to freeze though. What's the actual temp in the fridge when set to 5.5?

temp clicks off at 5.5 then drops to around 4.6 its cold but i like it just a little bit colder just didnt want to freeze my beer

Mine sits between 7 and 9. I general have a pale ale on all the time, so find any lower than that and it starts to loose flavour.

Mine, between 1 and 3.
Is it a chesty or fridge?

Beers won't freeze at 0°, so don't worry.
Why is the outside of your chest freezing???

its a chesty .... sorry i ment the inside walls of it freezes when i drop it lower than 5.5

Probable best to just stick a thermometer in there and see what the actual temp is first then decide from there where you want to set it too. If its freezing the walls at 5.5 then personally that would be too cold for me.

At 5 degrees air temp the inside walls of your freezer will at approx -10 degrees. No big deal just how the freezer operates

Latest posts

Back