Keg Coupler Disconnects

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilS

Reaction score
I have a trusty keg coupler with female stainless disconnects. I also have the matching male attachments for my pluto gun & gas line.

Keg Disconnects
Keg_Disconnects.jpg

Gas & Gun connects
Gas___Gun_Disconnects.jpg

Total package
total_package.jpg

1. Where would I find similar fittings, both male & female to suit the same application? and

2. What do the general AHB population use on your keg couplers?

I have a few couplers in storage & a few more on their way from the states. Now before you ask why so many, well I don't know. I had an obsession at the time on ebay :ph34r:

I am very interested to find out what is available

Oh & I should have cleaned them before the camer took such a clear shot :beerbang:

Well Phil, you are already aware of what I've got in mind, but here is a pic for anyone else who may be interested:
bitz.JPG

These are from the back of a tap shank, but with a little imagination you can figure out what I'm doing.

PZ.

They seem to be a far cheaper option with less cleaning issues. I think you have talked me into it Fingerlickin_B :)

I also saw a coupler on eBay.com.au that had SS adaptors with 1/2" male thread ball lock posts fitted to it.

Yet another option I suppose, but still no less complicated/easy to clean than the one you've got pictured.

I guess you have to figure out just how frequently you need to disconnect the lines and why you would do so without cleaning the fittings at the same time.
The only reason I can imagine anyone doing this would be if they were swapping between different keg types (hence different couplers) mid-session :huh:

PZ.

Well, my package from Tom Hargreave arrived today.

These are secondhand items and if I remember correctly he said they came off a font.

Here they are attached to the coupler:

coupler.JPG

No tools required and in like new condition...cool :beerbang:

PZ.

*EDIT* Tom just told me that they are in fact new items. He just cut them off the font lines because someone wanted QDs fitted instead.

Latest posts

Back