Keg bulk buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... That felt like a response with no lube whatsoever...

Bummer. Used one of my new kegs for the first time and one of the welds that holds the lid bracing strip (that holds the swing bar that secures the lid) has failed. I've shot Keg King and email, but any idea what the post sales support/warranty is on these bulk buys?

Well the ones which are sold at the shop at full retail come with a 5 year warranty so I shouldn't think the bulk but would be any different.

Here are a couple of pics. I'll let you all know how I get on with KK.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403815874.396454.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1403815891.116920.jpg

I'm yet to pull mine apart but it's pouring 50% beer and 50% c02 . Very creamy!

I think there is something in the dip tube. Other that that they seem to be good.

KK were very good about the problem and are shipping out a replacement lid.

Guys I have a drama.
Bought 4 new 19l kegs form the bulk buy ready for my keezer build. I have been filling one each time I batch and now have three filled and about to fill a forth,the keezer is finished. In the mean time have bought two second hand 19l kegs.
Last night trying to hook up the kegs and force carb them. As it was the first time I had ever done it I was expecting to hear it bubbling as I gas it up, nothing. Dropped the pressure to 12 psi and left till tonight. No gas I keg at all when I release pressure pin. So I tied the fittings on the last empty keg no gas getting through at all. Connected it to a old keg ( empty) gas came straight through. I can't seem to get any gas to come out of the ball lock connection into the keg has anyone else face this problem with these new kegs. ???????
Pls help very frustrated.

Problem solved. Due to fact I'm new at this and the new kegs o ring is much newer I hadnt push the f$&@ing fitting on far enough. Feeling dumb. But also relieved.

Good to hear your crisis is over Rob.

Just a heads up, my understanding is that you really should gas, or at least thouroughly purge your kegs straightaway to prevent oxidation of your beer.
Personally, I always keep them cold too, but might be overly cautious..

Latest posts

Back