Keg Beer Into Bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

METALLICA

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone ever tried to put kegged beer into a bottle and cap the bottle?
Do you think it would keep it bubbles,or will it go flat? :( :huh: :unsure:

Damn it! I just wrote a big reply and promptly closed the browser window.... Never mind,

Hey Rob, you need what's known as a Counter Pressure filler. More info from HDB here and how to make your own by Grain & Grape here.

Apparently there can be an art to getting it right, but I've never tried myself. The process equalises pressure between keg and bottle and allows transfer of carbonated beer without causing foaming or (too much) loss of CO2...

Cheers

Hi, has anyone ever tried to put kegged beer into a bottle and cap the bottle?
Do you think it would keep it bubbles,or will it go flat? :( :huh: :unsure:

Robert,

Many people fill their bottles from a keg - There are many fancy gadgets for doing this, but for immediate consumption, just pour carefully & cap. They will lose a little carbonation in the pour, which can easily be topped up using a carbonation cap, available from good HBS's & at least one of the sponsers of this site B)

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

Hey, it is certainly done by brew your own commercial breweries such as 'brew by you'.

Pretty much you go there do you brew via extracts and then two weeks later you come back with your six cartons of empty bottles, they will force carbonate your beer for you, you then fill bottles your bottles and your all done.

6 cartons of good quality beer with no effort, no mess and end up with a very drinkable beer.

cheers
haro

Back