Keezer Power Usage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies. I've PM'd Drew to see if he'll measure his power consumption for me, but I do understand the 'just buy it' comments. It may come down to that anyway :)

Go out and buy the chesty and a bunch of flowers! Stick the freezer somewhere inconspicuous and when she comes home butter her up with the flowers ;)

Flowers only raise suspicion in my house.

Flowers only raise suspicion in my house.

Valentines day is next week, it seems to be all give and no take from what I can see. Perfect excuse to buy the flowers and get yourself a present.

Then when she says "I thought you wern't into valentines" just indicate that your trying it out this year, then next year you can go back to business as usual :icon_cheers:

Then when she says "I thought you wern't into valentines" just indicate that your trying it out this year, then next year you can go back to business as usual :icon_cheers:

It's a dangerous thing to set that precedent! In a few years I'll be hearing "You never buy me flowers any more". No, best I just buy myself a freezer and say "I thought we were buying our own gifts this year?".

Results have been forwarded to Kaiser.

For others wondering I had a consumption of .8Kw/h on the day I was filtering my beers so lid open and closed alot. For the next 5 days with the lid closed I averaged .45Kw/h per day. I only brew (open and close lid) about every fortnight so rough math at 19.9c Kw/h here in Gero, 65c a week or $35 a year on my system.

Drew

Ha! Yes, I could try that, but she is the main wage earner in the house, so I think I'd be shooting myself in the foot. She is a manager so she likes to see pretty graphs. If I can skew those graphs in my favour... then new keezer!

I'm hoping that a freezer will have far better insulating capacity than my current KegKing fridge, so hopefully the running costs will be minimal.
Bull shitting with graphs is easy, just a matter of tampering with the scale or use a pie chart which are basically meaningless and distract the eye with many coloured pieces of pie.
I have found it is much easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks guys, and a big thanks to Drew for measuring his power consumption. As an aside, I measured the power consumption on my Keg King fridge and it averages 0.16 kWh/day, which means that it'd cost around $12 to run for the year.

My wife was fine with me buying the freezer in the end. I was able to convince her on 3 levels:

- I wouldn't need to run my second fridge to keep those other 2 kegs cold that are waiting to go on tap
- She can have the laundry cupboard back where I was storing kegs waiting to go on tap
- One tap can be dedicated to soda water for her new vodka/lime/soda passion.

I now have a 215L F&P freezer awaiting conversion...

Bull shitting with graphs is easy, just a matter of tampering with the scale or use a pie chart which are basically meaningless and distract the eye with many coloured pieces of pie.
I have found it is much easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Cheers
Chris

Totally OT, but bull shit and pie graphs always makes me think of this - http://27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

simons_graphs_01.gif

- One tap can be dedicated to soda water for her new vodka/lime/soda passion.

I now have a 215L F&P freezer awaiting conversion...

Ahhh this is how I got my keg/tap expansion plans through :)

Latest posts

Back