Keezer not cooling

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoxR

Reaction score
Hi Guys, yesterday I noticed that the compressor on my keezer was running non stop and them was 2 degrees above the low set point and was not getting colder.
I have done some looking on google and it looks like it might be a refrigerant leak. How is the best was to determine this? I have currently got the lid up and the freezer turned off as somewhere else I read that it might just need a defrost internally because there was a frozen spot on the top back wall I am keeping my finger crossed that this is all it is.\
Anyway if anyone has had similar issues or have some helpful knowledge other than buy a new freezer (I hope I don't have to) then please post.
Thanks.

Can you see the refrigerant lines frosting up all the way round the freezer? I know the lines are internal but you should be able to see frosting all the way around this would indicate a full gas charge but if it only frosts part way or in one spot it is a sign of shortage of refrigerant

Do you know where the cooling surface is in the freezer. If you do, turn off the freezer leave it 30mins and turn it back on. If the cooling surface does not get cold, or if only a small part of it gets cold, then there is a leak, and a refrigeration mechanic/unqualified expert should be able to find and repair the problem (more than likely a sweat seal).

Good luck

Can be a real pain in the ass to find a leak on internal refrigerant lines the time a fridgey has to spend finding and repairing a leak usualy works out more cost effective to buy a new one

Yep looks like a new one it is. Luck I have my old single tap fridge setup till I find a replacement.

Latest posts

Back